Reserv is an insurtech creating and incubating cutting-edge AI and automation technology to bring efficiency and simplicity to claims. Founded by insurtech veterans with deep experience in SaaS and digital claims, Reserv is venture-backed by Bain Capital and Altai Ventures and began operations in May 2022. We are focused on automating highly manual tasks to tackle long-standing problems in claims and set a new standard for TPAs, insurance technology providers, and adjusters alike.
We have ambitious (but attainable!) goals and need people who can work in an evolving environment. If building a leading TPA and the prospect of tackling the long-standing challenges in claims sounds exciting, we can’t wait to meet you.
About the role
As a Subrogation Coordinator at Reserv, you will play a crucial role in coordinating subrogation activities and managing subrogation vendors. Your primary responsibility will be to oversee and facilitate the subrogation process with our vendors, ensuring efficient and effective recovery of funds from responsible parties. We are seeking an individual with auto-related subrogation experience who can effectively collaborate with claims personnel, clients, and external parties to streamline the subrogation process.
Who you are
- Highly motivated and growth-oriented. You're excited by the prospect of building a tech-driven claims org.
- Passionate subrogation professional who cares about the customer and their experience.
- Empathetic. You exercise empathy and patience towards everyone you interact with.
- Sense of urgency at all times, balanced with the ability to be detail oriented.
- Creative. You challenge existing assumptions and find ways of leveraging technology to support the subrogation process.
- Curious. You want to know the whole story so you can make the right decisions early an be decisive when it counts.
- Anti-status quo. You don’t just wish things were done differently, you action on it.
- Communicative. (we'd love to know what this means to you)
- And did we mention, a sense of humor. Claims are hard enough as it is.
What we need
We need you to do all the things typical to the role:
- Coordinate subrogation vendors, serving as the main point of contact for subrogation at Reserv and manage the relationship with them
- Oversee the end-to-end subrogation process, ensuring compliance with legal statutes, policy provisions, client handling guidelines, and internal procedures
- Collaborate with claims personnel and other relevant parties to gather necessary information and documentation to support subrogation opportunities
- Facilitate effective communication between claims professionals, clients, attorneys, and collection agencies regarding unsettled claims and recovery efforts
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date subrogation records, including case status, relevant documents, and notes
- Analyze subrogation data and performance metrics to identify opportunities for improvement
- Utilize your subrogation expertise to identify areas of opportunity in (1) how we engage with our subrogation vendors and (2) how we craft our long-term subrogation strategy
- Craft our subrogation vendor QA criteria and perform regular QA audits to ensure compliance with contractual SLAs and other quality standards
- Undertake any other tasks or projects assigned by management to support the efficient operation of the subrogation function
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience is required; professional designations (CPCU, AIC, etc.) are a plus
- 8+ years of experience in successfully handling Automobile, and/or General Liability claims or subrogation experience; multiple jurisdictional expertise preferred
- Understanding of medical terminology and physical damage repair is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills will be needed
- Previous supervisor/management experience is strongly preferred
- Generous health-insurance package with nationwide coverage, vision, & dental
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Competitive PTO policy – we want our employees fresh, healthy, happy, and energized!
- Generous family leave policy
- Work from anywhere to facilitate your work life balance paired with frequent, regular corporate retreats to build team cohesion, reinforce culture, and have fun
- Your choice of Windows or Apple laptop, large second monitor, and other quality-of-life equipment you may want. Technology is something that should make your life easier, not harder!
At Reserv, we value diversity and believe that a variety of perspectives leads to innovation and success. We are actively seeking candidates who will bring unique perspectives and experiences to our team. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and encourage those from underrepresented groups to apply. If you believe you are a good fit for this role, we would love to hear from you!