Rebellion Defense builds the modern mission stack for detecting and deterring adversaries at scale. We deliver technology for the protection of the United States, the United Kingdom, and our allies. We are building a team of the world’s best technologists to work on products that defend democracy, humanitarian values, and the rule of global law with the purpose of peace.
Our people are passionate about creating a company where technologists empower the military and our civil servants to solve some of the hardest problems in government. Rebellion Defense is driven by our mission — but a set of core values binds us together: we hire by them, operate through them, and uphold them in every decision we make for ourselves and for our customers.
We are hiring a Proposal Manager to join our team. While this role can be located anywhere in the United States, you may choose to work from our Washington, DC headquarters. Relocation assistance may be provided. Occasional travel may be required.
As a Proposal Manager, you will:
- Develop compliant and compelling proposal submissions that advance Rebellion’s business in the defense and national security market.
- Create associated technical and pricing proposals in collaboration with our business development, sales, and solutions personnel.
- Coordinate with appropriate stakeholders for pricing, graphics, and technical support or content.
- Plan response schedules, milestones, and reviews, as well as, facilitate final approvals with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Manage and organize cross functional teams for successful delivery of written content.
- Develop responses to Requests for Information (RFIs) and other requests such as white papers, pitch decks, downselection documentation, and oral presentation preparation.
- Build, manage, and support internal opportunity and proposal governance processes.
- Collaborate with others in the organization to consistently produce proposals that are clear, compelling, fully compliant, and delivered on time.
Qualifications for this position include:
- 5+ years of professional work experience as a proposal manager.
- Written and verbal communication skills to drive outcomes, manage stakeholder expectations, and ensure projects are on task. This includes working with personnel across various teams in a virtual and multi-time zone environment.
- Knowledge of U.S. Government with an emphasis on DoD regulations, policies, and statutes including how to decompose RFPs into a response matrix.
- Experience with the federal government solicitation process that involves an understanding of how software products and related professional services are sold to the public sector customers, commercial items procedures, commercial solutions openings, other transactional authority, and R&D-based submissions.
- Ability to lead proposal development, articulate win themes, and translate strategy into the response.
- Ability to build and execute consistent processes in partnership with various disciplines including products, engineering, and sales.
- Ability to handle multiple submissions at one time.
- Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders as required.
Preferred Qualifications for this position include:
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Experience leading a proposal team within the defense industry.
- Ability to write and edit technical content as part of the submission.
- Ability to edit submission for grammar, branding, singular voice, and consistency of content.
- 8+ years of direct proposal manager experience.
We embrace diversity and difference, and believe that broadening the perspectives of our teams will help enable innovation and lead to better outcomes. We encourage your application even if you may not meet all the preferred qualifications. We work collaboratively as a team to support one another in our mission and promote professional development.
The annual salary range for this role as it is posted is $130,000 to $180,000 regardless of final candidate location within the United States. The final job level and annual salary will be determined based on the education, qualification, knowledge, skills, ability, and experience of the final candidate(s), and calibrated against relevant market data and internal team equity. Benefits listed in this posting may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Rebellion Defense.
Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Rebellion Defense is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. Rebellion Defense does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with federal, state, and local law.
Rebellion’s products are subject to export controls, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). To work with our products, you must be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the US, a protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the US Department of State or US Department of Commerce.
Something looks off?