Assistant Manager, Accounting
Accounting & Finance
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India · Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
Quince was started to challenge the existing idea that nice things should cost a lot. Our mission was simple: create an item of equal or greater quality than the leading luxury brands and sell them at a much lower price.
EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO AFFORD NICE THINGS. Quality shouldn’t be a luxury. We’re proud of our mission to bring the world’s highest quality goods to people at affordable prices.
QUALITY IS MORE THAN MATERIALS. True quality is a combination of premium materials and high production standards.
WE FOCUS ON THE ESSENTIALS. From the perfect crewneck sweater to hotel quality sheets, we're all about high quality essentials that bring enjoyment to daily life.
WE’RE INNOVATING TO MAKE UNREAL PRICES A REALITY. Our uniquely developed factory-direct model lets us offer exceptionally high quality goods for much lower prices than our competitors.
ALWAYS A BETTER DEAL. We believe in real price transparency, for both our customers and factory partners. This way, everyone gets a better deal.
FAIR FACTORIES. We are committed to working with factories that meet the global standards for workplace safety and wage fairness.
OUR TEAM AND SUCCESS
Quince is a retail and technology company co-founded by a team that has extensive experience in retail, technology and building early stage companies. You’ll work with a team of world-class talent from Stanford GSB, Wish.com, D.E. Shaw, Stitch Fix, Urban Outfitters, Wayfair, McKinsey, Nike etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, problem-solver and successful in combining technology and data into best-in-class outcomes. The candidate is energized by solving complex business problems and consistently effective in making high-judgement decisions at rapid pace amidst the frequent ambiguity that comes with charting a course of action with no precedent. Moreover, the ideal candidate is energized by an environment where strategy, innovation and decision-making are intentionally distributed, where candor, speed and data are highly valued and colleagues at all levels hold each other to unusually high standards on behalf of Quince customers.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
This role will report to the financial controller, work with other key stakeholders in the business and play a critical role in US GAAP compliance and reporting.
We’re looking for an Assistant Manager, Accounting who will support Quince:
- Makes the financial reporting process transparent.
- Prepare accounting policies for the company for use in preparing and presenting its financial statements.
- Standardizes assumptions, terminology, definitions, and methods.
- Prepare a robust financial statements close process (FSCP).
- Prepare financial statement to accurately reflect business performance and financial position of the company.
- Support the company to migrate to new ERP module.
We are looking for a candidate:
- Handled accounting operations for an Indian entity for at least 2 years, preferable retail start-up experience. Preferably worked in a Big 4 audit firm for at least 1-2 years.
- Have at least 2 years of controllership experience, participated in the statutory audit and worked with auditors to complete the statutory audit.
- Ensure compliance with India accounting standards, rules, regulations, and systems of internal control.
- A strong candidate with capacity to serve as a highly effective partner and inspiring leader.
- Candidate should be a self-starter, who is passionate about implementing best accounting practices and a strong control environment.
- Good Communication and inter-personal Skills.
- Positive attitude, ability to take initiative and contribute to projects.
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a global team.
- Post accounting transactions in the India entity books of accounts.
- Responsible to prepare monthly reconciliation statements for all balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare monthly actual V budget and oversee cash flow management.
- Responsible for month end closure activities and prepare GAAP compliant financial statements.
- Analyse all balance sheet and profit & loss accounts and prepare variance analysis to be presented to management.
- Good knowledge of accounting software such as Zoho or QuickBooks.
- Ensure government compliances – advance tax, GST, PF, etcResponsible for completing statutory audit, tax and transfer pricing audits on time.
- Responsible for preparation of standalone financial statements as per Ind AS and India GAAP.
- Good knowledge of FEMA, transfer pricing and other related compliances.
- Chartered accountant with 3-5 years’ experience.
Quince seeks to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
See more open positions at Quince
Something looks off?