Product Development Lead
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Quince was started to challenge the existing idea that nice things should cost a lot. Our mission was simple: create an item of equal or greater quality than the leading luxury brands and sell them at a much lower price.
EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO AFFORD NICE THINGS. Quality shouldn’t be a luxury. We’re proud of our mission to bring the world’s highest quality goods to people at affordable prices.
QUALITY IS MORE THAN MATERIALS. True quality is a combination of premium materials and high production standards.
WE FOCUS ON THE ESSENTIALS. From the perfect crewneck sweater to hotel quality sheets, we're all about high quality essentials that bring enjoyment to daily life.
WE’RE INNOVATING TO MAKE UNREAL PRICES A REALITY. Our uniquely developed factory-direct model lets us offer exceptionally high quality goods for much lower prices than our competitors.
ALWAYS A BETTER DEAL. We believe in real price transparency, for both our customers and factory partners. This way, everyone gets a better deal.
FAIR FACTORIES. We are committed to working with factories that meet the global standards for workplace safety and wage fairness.
OUR TEAM AND SUCCESS
Quince is a retail and technology company co-founded by a team that has extensive experience in retail, technology and building early stage companies. You’ll work with a team of world-class talent from Stanford GSB, Wish.com, D.E. Shaw, Stitch Fix, Urban Outfitters, Wayfair, McKinsey, Nike etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, problem-solver and successful in combining technology and data into best-in-class outcomes. The candidate is energized by solving complex business problems and consistently effective in making high-judgement decisions at rapid pace amidst the frequent ambiguity that comes with charting a course of action with no precedent. Moreover, the ideal candidate is energized by an environment where strategy, innovation and decision-making are intentionally distributed, where candor, speed and data are highly valued and colleagues at all levels hold each other to unusually high standards on behalf of Quince customers.
Product Development Lead - Apparel will report directly to the Head of Product Development & Fit. At the core, this role is about delighting consumers and driving profitable growth by taking Quince's product ideas and working with our supplier partners to bring them to life.
Quince has proven the consumer value proposition in multiple categories (e.g. Cashmere, Jewelry and Bedding, among others) and has built a loyal, repeat consumer base. We want to build on that value proposition by rapidly expanding our assortment with our partners across an array of apparel and home categories.
This role will be responsible for:
(1) Product Development and Commercialization - bring new products to life (~100/month) from brief to "go live" on site. Ensuring both high-quality products and fast-pace.
(2) Act as an Ambassador to our partners in all interactions, building and deepening our relationships
(3) Continuous improvement - Drive for higher hit-rate launches (reviews, returns, sales) through product excellence and drive for faster development times by identifying bottlenecks and proposing solutions
- Successfully launch 50-100 new products per month, ensuring highest levels of quality in terms of materials, manufacturing and fit
- Through deep collaboration with our manufacturing partners, identifying and executing opportunities to shorten the development and commercialization time from brief to "go live"
- 5+ years of product development experience with high end US Apparel, Accessories, or Home retail brands
- Product obsessed with experience in leveraging factories/vendor expertise to bring products to market
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and analytical with focus on execution, problem-solving, improving processes and brand enhancement
- Continuous learner and highly curious; always open to considering new perspectives; proactive when changing course and facing added challenges
- Supply chain or operations background
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
Quince seeks to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.