Sr. Forecasting Analyst - 2024b
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
Quince was started to challenge the existing idea that nice things should cost a lot. Our mission was simple: create an item of equal or greater quality than the leading luxury brands and sell them at a much lower price.
EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO AFFORD NICE THINGS. Quality shouldn’t be a luxury. We’re proud of our mission to bring the world’s highest quality goods to people at affordable prices.
QUALITY IS MORE THAN MATERIALS. True quality is a combination of premium materials and high production standards.
WE FOCUS ON THE ESSENTIALS. From the perfect crewneck sweater to hotel quality sheets, we're all about high quality essentials that bring enjoyment to daily life.
WE’RE INNOVATING TO MAKE UNREAL PRICES A REALITY. Our uniquely developed factory-direct model lets us offer exceptionally high quality goods for much lower prices than our competitors.
ALWAYS A BETTER DEAL. We believe in real price transparency, for both our customers and factory partners. This way, everyone gets a better deal.
FAIR FACTORIES. We are committed to working with factories that meet the global standards for workplace safety and wage fairness.
OUR TEAM AND SUCCESS
Quince is a retail and technology company co-founded by a team that has extensive experience in retail, technology and building early stage companies. You’ll work with a team of world-class talent from Stanford GSB, Wish.com, D.E. Shaw, Stitch Fix, Urban Outfitters, Wayfair, McKinsey, Nike etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, problem-solver and successful in combining technology and data into best-in-class outcomes. The candidate is energized by solving complex business problems and consistently effective in making high-judgement decisions at rapid pace amidst the frequent ambiguity that comes with charting a course of action with no precedent. Moreover, the ideal candidate is energized by an environment where strategy, innovation and decision-making are intentionally distributed, where candor, speed and data are highly valued and colleagues at all levels hold each other to unusually high standards on behalf of Quince customers.
Role and Responsibilities
The objective of the Senior Forecast Analyst is to manage forecasts at all levels with the objective of optimizing inventory turns in support of the Quince business model. Because the model is unique, the role will be unique in its execution, achievement of Key Performance Indicators and interaction with internal and external business partners.
- Forecast Items at the style-color-size level by week while achieving an objective set of key performance indicators which include In-Stocks, Inventory Turn, Return on Investment and others
- Partner closely with the internal sourcing team and directly with vendors to collaborate on forecasts and maximize the availability of Inventory
- Work directly with the Technology Team to drive the development and/or implementation of an integrated, intelligent and sautomated technology solutions
- Perform analytics to answer questions that will lead to improved KPI performance
- Work with sourcing to model vendor relationships, vendor terms and risks
- Build short, mid and long-range plans in support of the strategic needs of the business
- Present Forecasts, Strategy and Plans weekly to executives
- May manage 1 or more individuals
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 4-6 years in an Inventory Planning, Merchandising or related Analytics or Technology roles
- College Degree Required, MBA or Masters in Supply Chain Management
- Strong Analytic Skills with experience using advanced statistical functions in Excel
- Fluent with Google Suite
- Experience prototyping Inventory Optimization Techniques and converting to scalable Technology.
- The ability to collaborate with internal and external partners to maximize opportunities and minimize risks
- Strong commitment to continuously improve
- Ability to find, organize and use data to draw conclusions while minimizing the use of assumption
- Comfort working in a fast paced environment where established processes may not exist
Characteristics of the prototype candidate
- Insatiable curiosity and the desire for answers
- Willing to have a point of view and share it with business partners, peers and executives
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as business changes
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment
- Committed to building scalable processes and industry winning technology
- Extremely effective presentation and communication skills while effectively utilizing supporting materials and applications
- Clearly understands the relationship between their work and the priorities, objectives and financial performance of the company.
- Bias towards Technology
Quince seeks to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.