Junior Stylist, Apparel & Accessories
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Quince was started to challenge the existing idea that nice things should cost a lot. Our mission was simple: create an item of equal or greater quality than the leading luxury brands and sell them at a much lower price.
EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO AFFORD NICE THINGS. Quality shouldn’t be a luxury. We’re proud of our mission to bring the world’s highest quality goods to people at affordable prices.
QUALITY IS MORE THAN MATERIALS. True quality is a combination of premium materials and high production standards.
WE FOCUS ON THE ESSENTIALS. From the perfect crewneck sweater to hotel quality sheets, we're all about high quality essentials that bring enjoyment to daily life.
WE’RE INNOVATING TO MAKE UNREAL PRICES A REALITY. Our uniquely developed factory-direct model lets us offer exceptionally high quality goods for much lower prices than our competitors.
ALWAYS A BETTER DEAL. We believe in real price transparency, for both our customers and factory partners. This way, everyone gets a better deal.
FAIR FACTORIES. We are committed to working with factories that meet the global standards for workplace safety and wage fairness.
OUR TEAM AND SUCCESS
Quince is a retail and technology company co-founded by a team that has extensive experience in retail, technology and building early stage companies. You’ll work with a team of world-class talent from Stanford GSB, Wish.com, D.E. Shaw, Stitch Fix, Urban Outfitters, Wayfair, McKinsey, Nike etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, problem-solver and successful in combining technology and data into best-in-class outcomes. The candidate is energized by solving complex business problems and consistently effective in making high-judgement decisions at rapid pace amidst the frequent ambiguity that comes with charting a course of action with no precedent. Moreover, the ideal candidate is energized by an environment where strategy, innovation and decision-making are intentionally distributed, where candor, speed and data are highly valued and colleagues at all levels hold each other to unusually high standards on behalf of Quince customers.
Ideal candidates will have experience in fashion styling assistance, preparation of products for flatlay, product and on-figure apparel photography, sample coordination, management of product samples and a strong aesthetic sensibility, as shown in an online styling portfolio.
- Work closely with the Merchandise teams to manage sample timelines and delivery for new launches
- Manage the clothing and accessory sample closet
- Pull samples for flat and on-figure shoots and tag/file samples after products have been shot
- Seek out solutions to inefficiencies within the studio and propose new processes that could improve overall image quality or address opportunities
- Collaborate with the larger Creative team for consultation on style components of all on-figure shoots - talent, wardrobe, overall aesthetic
- Technical styling skills and knowledge of appropriate garment fit across product categories
- Portfolio showcasing comprehensive styling experience and relevant aesthetic
- Ability to work in an efficient manner on set as well as assist lead stylist’s work to ensure all deadlines and deliverables are met and aligned with brand standards
- Prepare merchandise for photo shoots (both on-figure apparel and flat lay products) and ensure product is consistent with established style guides
- Iron and steam soft goods for photo shoots; pre-style products for flat lay shoots
- Online portfolio of on-figure and lay down styling; applicants without a portfolio will not be considered
- 1-3 years experience in styling
- 1-3 years experience in merchandise coordination or sample management
- BA in fashion merchandising
Key Deliverables First 3 Months:
- Organize apparel sample closet, including the cataloging and tagging of all apparel and accessories samples
- Create organizational systems for pulling and refiling all sample for flatlay and apparel shotlists
Key Deliverables First 6-9 Months:
- Create systems for prepping out editorial shot lists and ensuring sign-off from relevant departments
- Create systems to integrate cross-departement requests during monthly pre-pro meetings into monthly shot lists for on-figure and flat lay shoots; and then monitor completion of of each requested asset during photo shoots
Key Deliverables First 12 months:
- Target a 10-15% reduction in the time and resources required for on-figure and flat lay shoots
- Ensure that the brand consistently maintains and adheres to the brand's design and style guidelines with a 100% compliance rate.
Quince seeks to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.