Site Merchandising Manager
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Quince was started to challenge the existing idea that nice things should cost a lot. Our mission was simple: create an item of equal or greater quality than the leading luxury brands and sell them at a much lower price.
EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO AFFORD NICE THINGS. Quality shouldn’t be a luxury. We’re proud of our mission to bring the world’s highest quality goods to people at affordable prices.
QUALITY IS MORE THAN MATERIALS. True quality is a combination of premium materials and high production standards.
WE FOCUS ON THE ESSENTIALS. From the perfect crewneck sweater to hotel quality sheets, we're all about high quality essentials that bring enjoyment to daily life.
WE’RE INNOVATING TO MAKE UNREAL PRICES A REALITY. Our uniquely developed factory-direct model lets us offer exceptionally high quality goods for much lower prices than our competitors.
ALWAYS A BETTER DEAL. We believe in real price transparency, for both our customers and factory partners. This way, everyone gets a better deal.
FAIR FACTORIES. We are committed to working with factories that meet the global standards for workplace safety and wage fairness.
OUR TEAM AND SUCCESS
Quince is a retail and technology company co-founded by a team that has extensive experience in retail, technology and building early stage companies. You’ll work with a team of world-class talent from Stanford GSB, Wish.com, D.E. Shaw, Stitch Fix, Urban Outfitters, Wayfair, McKinsey, Nike etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, problem-solver and successful in combining technology and data into best-in-class outcomes. The candidate is energized by solving complex business problems and consistently effective in making high-judgement decisions at rapid pace amidst the frequent ambiguity that comes with charting a course of action with no precedent. Moreover, the ideal candidate is energized by an environment where strategy, innovation and decision-making are intentionally distributed, where candor, speed and data are highly valued and colleagues at all levels hold each other to unusually high standards on behalf of Quince customers.
We are hiring a Site Merchandising Manager to own the planning and execution of site merchandising functions across all categories on Quince.com. This role will report to the Director of Digital Merchandising and Site Operations. It is part of the broader ecommerce team, focused on providing the highest quality web experience to drive conversion and order value. This person should have incredible attention to detail, understand how to use data to make decisions and have a customer first mindset.
- Work cross functionally with buying and creative teams to understand the timing of new products and categories launching. Plan and execute product & category launches. Ensure products are mapped to all relevant pages on site and can be easily discovered.
- Use data to regularly optimize site navigation to best represent our full breadth of assortment in a way that drives high customer engagement and revenue/click.
- Build and optimize a hierarchy/taxonomy of highly converting category pages
- Optimize internal search results to improve search conversion
- Plan and execute all homepage refreshes. Manage QA process to ensure all stakeholders have reviewed the page and issues are addressed prior to it being customer facing.
- Work cross functionally to plan and execute curated landing pages to support major campaigns (Holiday Gifting, Resort, Valentine’s Day, etc.). Maintain these pages throughout campaign life and optimize based on mid campaign performance
- Act as the voice of the customer identifying site issues and working with appropriate teams to have them resolved quickly. As a website power user, you will notice bugs and issues and will be expected to escalate these issues.
- Review data weekly and on an adhoc basis to understand performance of site merchandising tactics and continuously find opportunities to improve northstar metric of revenue per session.
- 5+ years of experience in relevant roles (site merchandising, merchandising/buying, product management, etc.)
- Analytical with the ability to interpret and act on metrics
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills to enable a highly cross functional role
- Highly organized to manage one's own workload with constant reprioritization
- Strong understanding of ecommerce and site merchandising best practices
- Comfortable shifting back and forth between tactical execution and strategic thinking
Quince seeks to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.