Principal Product Manager -E comm
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Quince was started to challenge the existing idea that nice things should cost a lot. Our mission was simple: create an item of equal or greater quality than the leading luxury brands and sell them at a much lower price.
EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO AFFORD NICE THINGS. Quality shouldn’t be a luxury. We’re proud of our mission to bring the world’s highest quality goods to people at affordable prices.
QUALITY IS MORE THAN MATERIALS. True quality is a combination of premium materials and high production standards.
WE FOCUS ON THE ESSENTIALS. From the perfect crewneck sweater to hotel quality sheets, we're all about high quality essentials that bring enjoyment to daily life.
WE’RE INNOVATING TO MAKE UNREAL PRICES A REALITY. Our uniquely developed factory-direct model lets us offer exceptionally high quality goods for much lower prices than our competitors.
ALWAYS A BETTER DEAL. We believe in real price transparency, for both our customers and factory partners. This way, everyone gets a better deal.
FAIR FACTORIES. We are committed to working with factories that meet the global standards for workplace safety and wage fairness.
OUR TEAM AND SUCCESS
Quince is a retail and technology company co-founded by a team that has extensive experience in retail, technology and building early stage companies. You’ll work with a team of world-class talent from Stanford GSB, Wish.com, D.E. Shaw, Stitch Fix, Urban Outfitters, Wayfair, McKinsey, Nike etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, problem-solver and successful in combining technology and data into best-in-class outcomes. The candidate is energized by solving complex business problems and consistently effective in making high-judgement decisions at rapid pace amidst the frequent ambiguity that comes with charting a course of action with no precedent. Moreover, the ideal candidate is energized by an environment where strategy, innovation and decision-making are intentionally distributed, where candor, speed and data are highly valued and colleagues at all levels hold each other to unusually high standards on behalf of Quince customers.
The Product Manager is responsible for delivering a differentiated product that addresses a business need and represents a viable business opportunity. A key component of this role is ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals. The Product Manager is ultimately responsible for managing the product throughout its lifecycle – conception through end-of-life. As an E-commerce Product Manager, you will work alongside our team of world-class product managers, engineers, data scientists, and marketers to optimize core metrics for Quince’s e-commerce platform function. To be successful in this role, you’ll have to tend to be skeptical, curious, and analytical in a word: scientific.
Roles & responsibilities
- Define the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for our acquisition and retention optimization tech
- Guide long-term thinking and innovation in an ambiguous and rapidly-changing space
- Be the subject matter expert of various E-commerce Platform functions such as:
- checkout and cart management, customer engagement experience to drive conversion payment and checkout gateway integration order fraud detection reviews, loyalty programs, offers, and discounts.
- Pre-purchase and pre-fulfillment experience: creating a new order, considering inventory replenishment, canceling orders, pre-paid orders etc.
- Should be heavily data-driven, with extensive product-building experience in e-commerce
- Work closely with the business and engineering teams to optimize the checkout experience to drive more conversions
- Be the scrum master and the product owner (define stories and detailed specifications) in engineering sprints
- Run beta and pilot programs with new products and features along with regular reviews with business teams to ensure that they meet the expectations
- Own the product roadmap (3 months, 6 months, 1 year) for the Ecom Platform area
- Build the reporting and insights for the checkout funnel, engagement experience, and promotion/offers
- guide to the roadmap to continuously improve checkout conversion
- Embed rigor around data quality and data-driven decision-making in the execution
- Build low-touch processes, self-serve solutions, & automation to eliminate the involvement of engineering in business-as-usual (BAU) activities - reduce engineering time spent in BAU activities to <5%
- Develop internal platform and operational dashboards to measure key metrics
Skills and experience
- Overall 12+ years of experience with at least 7 years in product management role for E-Commerce platform initiatives
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching excellent products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical background
- Passion to answer Product/Engineering questions with data
- Capable of tackling very loosely defined problems
- Experience in building e-commerce platform product
Quince seeks to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.