People & HR, Operations
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
Quince was started to challenge the existing idea that nice things should cost a lot. Our mission was simple: create an item of equal or greater quality than the leading luxury brands and sell them at a much lower price.
EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO AFFORD NICE THINGS. Quality shouldn’t be a luxury. We’re proud of our mission to bring the world’s highest quality goods to people at affordable prices.
QUALITY IS MORE THAN MATERIALS. True quality is a combination of premium materials and high production standards.
WE FOCUS ON THE ESSENTIALS. From the perfect crewneck sweater to hotel quality sheets, we're all about high quality essentials that bring enjoyment to daily life.
WE’RE INNOVATING TO MAKE UNREAL PRICES A REALITY. Our uniquely developed factory-direct model lets us offer exceptionally high quality goods for much lower prices than our competitors.
ALWAYS A BETTER DEAL. We believe in real price transparency, for both our customers and factory partners. This way, everyone gets a better deal.
FAIR FACTORIES. We are committed to working with factories that meet the global standards for workplace safety and wage fairness.
OUR TEAM AND SUCCESS
Quince is a retail and technology company co-founded by a team that has extensive experience in retail, technology and building early stage companies. You’ll work with a team of world-class talent from Stanford GSB, Wish.com, D.E. Shaw, Stitch Fix, Urban Outfitters, Wayfair, McKinsey, Nike etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, problem-solver and successful in combining technology and data into best-in-class outcomes. The candidate is energized by solving complex business problems and consistently effective in making high-judgement decisions at rapid pace amidst the frequent ambiguity that comes with charting a course of action with no precedent. Moreover, the ideal candidate is energized by an environment where strategy, innovation and decision-making are intentionally distributed, where candor, speed and data are highly valued and colleagues at all levels hold each other to unusually high standards on behalf of Quince customers.
Quince is seeking a Director of People to lead the company's People operations in the US. The role will report directly to the Chief People Officer.
- Build and manage a best in class People organization to support people processes and programming including onboarding, offboarding, performance management and the like for Quince's US employees
- Collaborate with People and business leaders to identify and prioritize employee needs and initiatives
- Utilize business intelligence and analytics to provide data-driven insights and recommendations to business leaders
- Demonstrate Quince’s core values and act as a culture carrier to motivate the team and broader organization
- Create a culture of feedback to ensure employees are receiving and giving critical feedback on a frequent basis and in performance reviews
- Build strong relationships with the team and broader org, listen to employee feedback and identify areas where we can improve the employee or workplace experience Implement agile methodologies across the team to drive a spirit of continuous forward progress
- Oversee the management and maintenance of People systems and applications, ensuring data accuracy, security, and compliance
- Stay current with People technology trends and best practices, and continuously assess and improve the organization’s People technology capabilities
- 6+ years of experience in a People/people role, ideally within a dynamic and fast-paced industry
- You are a builder with a hyper analytical mindset and the ability to interpret and act on People metrics
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, and communication skills
- Ruthless prioritization; you zero in on what matters and move quickly in order to learn and iterate
- Extremely high degree of ownership - you are proactive in driving momentum on strategic initiatives and in ambiguity
- Ability to think strategically and drive change in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of People best practices and employment regulations
- Adaptability and a commitment to staying up to date on industry trends
Quince seeks to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.