Engineering Manager - Growth
Administration, Sales & Business Development
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Saturday, November 25, 2023
Quince was started to challenge the existing idea that nice things should cost a lot. Our mission was simple: create an item of equal or greater quality than the leading luxury brands and sell them at a much lower price.
EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO AFFORD NICE THINGS. Quality shouldn’t be a luxury. We’re proud of our mission to bring the world’s highest quality goods to people at affordable prices.
QUALITY IS MORE THAN MATERIALS. True quality is a combination of premium materials and high production standards.
WE FOCUS ON THE ESSENTIALS. From the perfect crewneck sweater to hotel quality sheets, we're all about high quality essentials that bring enjoyment to daily life.
WE’RE INNOVATING TO MAKE UNREAL PRICES A REALITY. Our uniquely developed factory-direct model lets us offer exceptionally high quality goods for much lower prices than our competitors.
ALWAYS A BETTER DEAL. We believe in real price transparency, for both our customers and factory partners. This way, everyone gets a better deal.
FAIR FACTORIES. We are committed to working with factories that meet the global standards for workplace safety and wage fairness.
OUR TEAM AND SUCCESS
Quince is a retail and technology company co-founded by a team that has extensive experience in retail, technology and building early stage companies. You’ll work with a team of world-class talent from Stanford GSB, Wish.com, D.E. Shaw, Stitch Fix, Urban Outfitters, Wayfair, McKinsey, Nike etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, problem-solver and successful in combining technology and data into best-in-class outcomes. The candidate is energized by solving complex business problems and consistently effective in making high-judgement decisions at rapid pace amidst the frequent ambiguity that comes with charting a course of action with no precedent. Moreover, the ideal candidate is energized by an environment where strategy, innovation and decision-making are intentionally distributed, where candor, speed and data are highly valued and colleagues at all levels hold each other to unusually high standards on behalf of Quince customers.
- Manage a group of highly skilled engineers by providing technical management, guidance, coaching, best practices and principles
- Active participation in the design, development, delivery, and maintenance of software projects
- Responsible for resource planning, execution, and quality of the software delivered by the group
- Lead the group to build sophisticated products using cutting-edge technology stack. The products will be used by retail customers and internal business users.
- Work closely with various business stakeholders like Product Management Team, and other Engineering teams to drive the execution of multiple business strategies and technologies
- Act as a point of contact for TCO (total cost of ownership), managing and driving production defects & stability improvements to resolution
- Ensuring operational efficiency and actively participating in organizational initiatives with the objective of ensuring the highest customer value
- Work closely with Product Managers and Business teams to optimize the ad spend for maximum reach and return on ad spend (ROAS)
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science with 8+ years of experience
- Experience working in highly dynamic Engineering environment like a start-up
- Deep understanding in one of Object-Oriented programming languages
- Strong technology acumen, knowledge of software engineering process, design knowledge and architecture intelligence
- Exposure to any of the prominent cloud service providers (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality, and the ability to work well in and across teams
- Experience and knowledge of delivering products with low/no-touch support along with SRE principles
- Prior experience in solving use cases in AdTech/Performance Marketing Engineering is highly desirable
3 month goals
-Understand the current Growth related business requirements and solution implementation
-Understand our current Growth Marketing KPIs and achieve the following
-Onboard 12-15 channels completely on the platform
-Mature IT framework to run and quantify results using geolift for 3 channels and RCT for 3 channels
-Mature existing Attribution solution such that we can onboard at least 2 online and 2 offline channels
-Start owning the Marketing Engineering sprints and driving biweekly user meetings from an engineering standpoint
-Streamline WBR reporting so that all Growth WBR reporting happens from Looker and required DQ checks are in place to drive user confidence in the insights
-Develop a close working relationship with Business and Marketing PM and start collaborating productively
-Own the hiring roadmap for the Engineering team
-Create a 1 year engineering roadmap to scale the current marketing solutions
-Understand the current Retention related business requirements and solution implementation
-Understand our current Martech KPIs and influence the following goals from an engineering standpoint by partnering with Martech Business and PM
-Partner with Data engineering team and own all marketing WBR reporting delivery (Growth and Retention)
-Partner with Data Science and support Repeat Propensity and Recommendation models such that it improves repeat%
-Mature QAM further to onboard all online and offline channels on the platform
-Partner closely with PM and Data Science teams to build our custom Customer Data Platform.
12-month high level metrics
-$90MM spend at a 35% of nGMV
-Meta only 35% of spend
-Improve nGMV % by 10%
-Improve LTV by 10%
-Improve AOV by 10%
-Grow 1 year and 3 year LTV by 10%
Quince seeks to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.