Strategic Finance & Business Operations Associate
Accounting & Finance, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2022
Quince was started to challenge the existing idea that nice things should cost a lot. Our mission was simple: create an item of equal or greater quality than the leading luxury brands and sell them at a much lower price.
EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO AFFORD NICE THINGS. Quality shouldn’t be a luxury. We’re proud of our mission to bring the world’s highest quality goods to people at affordable prices.
QUALITY IS MORE THAN MATERIALS. True quality is a combination of premium materials and high production standards.
WE FOCUS ON THE ESSENTIALS. From the perfect crewneck sweater to hotel quality sheets, we're all about high quality essentials that bring enjoyment to daily life.
WE’RE INNOVATING TO MAKE UNREAL PRICES A REALITY. Our uniquely developed factory-direct model lets us offer exceptionally high quality goods for much lower prices than our competitors.
ALWAYS A BETTER DEAL. We believe in real price transparency, for both our customers and factory partners. This way, everyone gets a better deal.
FAIR FACTORIES. We are committed to working with factories that meet the global standards for workplace safety and wage fairness.
OUR TEAM AND SUCCESS
Quince is a retail and technology company co-founded by a team that has extensive experience in retail, technology and building early stage companies. You’ll work with a team of world-class talent from Stanford GSB, Wish.com, D.E. Shaw, Stitch Fix, Urban Outfitters, Wayfair, McKinsey, Nike etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, problem-solver and successful in combining technology and data into best-in-class outcomes. The candidate is energized by solving complex business problems and consistently effective in making high-judgement decisions at rapid pace amidst the frequent ambiguity that comes with charting a course of action with no precedent. Moreover, the ideal candidate is energized by an environment where strategy, innovation and decision-making are intentionally distributed, where candor, speed and data are highly valued and colleagues at all levels hold each other to unusually high standards on behalf of Quince customers.
Quince is a curated marketplace, offering high-quality basics at radically low prices. We offer premium products at everyday prices by connecting customers with leading makers around the world (see our$50 Cashmere Sweater). We started the company to challenge the idea that nice things need to cost a lot and believe that everyone should have access to the highest quality products at affordable prices. At the end of the day, we believe quality shouldn’t be a luxury.
Our investors include Insight Partners, Founders Fund, 8VC, Basis Set Ventures. We recently closed our $50 million Series A funding, bringing total funding to $65 million to date.
The company is growing rapidly, at scale. And we are looking for passionate people to support the next leg of growth.
About the role:
Quince is looking for an ambitious self-starter to join our Strategic Finance & Business Operations team. As part of this team you will play a major role in defining the company’s financial plan, provide financial and operational decision support to cross-functional partners and perform market research to help inform the company’s strategy & product roadmap. You will play an integral part in Quince’s success by scaling and improving our corporate finance functions, driving financial planning processes, and working with various business partners to develop strategic analyses on key business initiatives. This role will have high visibility across the executive team and will require you to solve the most complex, interesting challenges of a rapidly-scaling startup. If you enjoy working in an environment that is fast-paced, analytically rigorous, mission-driven and impact-oriented, read on and get in touch!
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to drive decision making related to unit economics, customer acquisition, operations, core business expansion, and new opportunities
- Develop and maintain financial and operational plans, including revenue, cost and headcount targets
- Apply a data-driven analytical approach to influence decision making and support company leadership in evaluating strategic initiatives
- Improve the speed and efficiency of our growth by collaborating closely with Product, Marketing, Operations, and Engineering teams
- Develop and monitor critical financial performance metrics, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders. Champion analytics across the company.
- Build and scale the corporate finance function of the company by implementing new processes and improving financial controls. Assist in investor relations and support executive team on potential future fundraising efforts.
- Be the go-to financial partner for Quince’s leaders for ad hoc analysis and relevant external relations (e.g., fundraising, negotiating contract terms or evaluating prospective partnerships)
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in investment banking, consulting, and/or private equity / growth equity, and with operational experience at a high-growth technology company
- Best-in-class excel skills and extensive experience developing insightful financial models and quantitative analyses, paired with strong critical thinking and sound business judgment
- Ability to flex between high-level strategic thinking and deep analytical problem solving
- Motivated self-starter with a track record of success and a proven ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks while hitting deadlines. Desire to own and drive projects from Day 1
- Excellent communication skills and effective cross-functional collaborator
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Deep understanding of valuation methods and strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Stellar academic record with a degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.)
Working at Quince:
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
Quince seeks to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.