ATX Office Assistant
At Qualia, we’ve built a new class of real estate technology that simplifies home buying and selling into a simple, secure, and enjoyable process. Our products bring together users from across the real estate ecosystem—homebuyers and sellers, lenders, title and escrow agents, and real estate agents—onto a single shared platform, providing greater clarity and transparency to real estate transactions. Today, millions of consumers use Qualia to close on homes every year.
WHAT YOU'LL WORK ON
We are seeking an Office Assistant to help fuel Qualia's rapid growth. The Office Assistant will oversee the day to day operations of the Austin office and assist multiple departments in project-oriented work. The ideal candidate for this role is a highly effective communicator, has an authentic passion for helping people and a client-centric mentality, is flexible and adaptable to change, and is proficient at juggling and prioritizing a wide variety of tasks. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that the Austin office is fully equipped with supplies, work closely with our vendors to foster good relations and ensure service levels meet our expectations, plan and organize periodic office activities, and work closely with People Operations and other teams to assist with ongoing company initiatives.
- Serve as the first point of contact for employee and vendor needs relative to the Austin office.
- Coordinate with property management and office-related vendors to ensure a safe and well-maintained work environment, process work orders, and ensure follow-up.
- Order and manage catered lunches two days per week.
- Order, organize, and inventory office supplies, snack foods, and beverages, and oversee kitchen and supply room stocking.
- Assist multiple departments with periodic initiatives including:
- Marketing - managing swag inventory for trade shows and other events, shipping and receiving packages, and working with the local printing vendor to help fulfill business card orders for the sales team,
- IT - assisting with office logistics such as the packing and shipping of materials, and performing routine maintenance such as rebooting conference room equipment, as necessary,
- Recruiting - scheduling and greeting interview candidates, and
- People Operations - planning company events, and other projects as assigned.
- Follow, document, and improve sustainable office operations and procedures, and propose and implement new green office initiatives to reduce waste and support environmental sustainability.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, and follow up to close issues in a timely manner.
YOUR BACKGROUND THAT LIKELY MAKES YOU A MATCH
- Prior successful experience in a service-oriented role.
- Demonstrated leadership of and active involvement in group and/or student activities.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to see how details map to larger company goals.
- Strong computer-user skills, with ability to quickly pick up usage of new applications.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan, multitask, prioritize, and successfully complete projects, while taking direction from more than one person.
- Positive and cheerful demeanor.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Qualia is made up of incredibly bright, mission-driven coworkers who are passionate about using technology to solve real world problems—and we’re growing quickly. In order to continue building an engaging and dynamic organization, we’re committed to giving everyone the support they need to do great work.
Our benefits package is designed to allow our team members to be their best selves, both in and out of the workplace. In addition to comprehensive health plans, a 401k program, and commuter benefits, we prioritize family and personal well-being through professional development, parental leave, and a flexible time off policy. Qualia offers a robust online onboarding program to train new hires, biweekly all hands meetings, and a variety of internal virtual and in-person events to keep employees connected.
We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology, and our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel equally valued and respected. Qualia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status.
Something looks off?