Head of People
PUBLIC is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants of all different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Candidates from non-traditional backgrounds and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
PUBLIC is a digital transformation partner committed to helping the public sector turn innovative ideas into practical solutions. We're on the lookout for an enthusiastic and commercially minded Head of People to join our dynamic team!
Our Head of People will act as a business partner to support a variety of stakeholders across the business, report directly to our COO, and be part of the People & Operations Team. You will play a crucial strategic role with our leadership team, helping them to workforce-plan effectively in order to support commercial success. You will act as a critical player in upstanding PUBLIC’s culture, our mission and values. Additionally, you will help keep PUBLIC’s People function on top of People & HR trends by identifying and building best practices and implementing solutions, processes, and tools that will be directly used to enhance the experience of our employees at PUBLIC.
As a driving force in our people-focused business, you will take charge of harmonising the balance between staff engagement in client-facing revenue generation and pastoral care. Your role is pivotal in helping to foster a positive, collaborative work environment, and will contribute significantly to our organisation's overall success and growth.
This position requires an experienced professional with a minimum of 4 years in people operations, HR, or a related field, along with demonstrated experience in people management. Previous experience in a professional services setting is highly desirable.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Partner with the COO to develop and execute the PUBLIC People strategy, aligned to the organisation’s strategic objectives.
- Act as a trusted partner to the management layer of the business to provide strategic HR guidance in driving overall success to our goals. As part of this, you are required to build strong relationships and foster collaboration with these key stakeholders.
- Navigate intricate people-related challenges, adeptly handle employee relations, and address disciplinary or grievance matters with fairness & sensitivity, ensuring a harmonious work environment.
- Work closely with the People Operations Associate to shape and execute robust talent acquisition strategies. This will involve ensuring a seamless integration of top talent into PUBLIC and leveraging your expertise to enhance the overall recruitment experience.
- Drive strategic learning and development initiatives, to support continuous growth and innovation across the organisation. Simultaneously, lead the company-wide performance management, feedback, and review processes to ensure the holistic development and advancement of our people.
- Stay on top of industry trends to help inform data driven decisions, e.g analyse workforce demographics, recruitment, performance, compensation benchmarking, benefits, diversity, and compliance data to identify strategic insights and trends.
- Develop and execute initiatives to promote PUBLIC’s culture and advance diversity, inclusion, and equity measures.
- Oversee the development of PUBLIC’s People Operations Associate, who will report directly to you.