Account Manager, IDEV
We all know every decision should be driven by data. But what about the data you don’t know? For years, the status quo in data aggregation has lacked visibility, moved slowly, and cost too much…leaving organizations to make critical decisions, day after day, without the whole picture. Premise changes that.
Across 138 countries and counting, our technology connects communities of global smartphone users to source actionable data in real-time, cost-effectively and with the visibility the world’s most innovative companies, governments and development organizations need.
With Premise, organizations win. And communities win, too. People can earn more from their opinions and discoveries. They can influence their cities for the better. And, unlike other data sourcing methods out there, they can do it all with full transparency that the data they’re gathering is going to an organization that values it…and values them.
Premise is growing, and we are looking to add an Account Manager, IDEV to the team. Account Managers (AMs) at Premise are both salespeople and support professionals. AMs are responsible for supporting new customers as they transition from sales prospects to active users of the Premise Platform and throughout their subscription period. Their focus is on building long-term relationships with their customers and ensuring the customer renews at the end of their subscription period. Strong AMs fix issues before they happen, proactively look out for their customers’ business and suggest new and innovative ways of using the Premise Platform. AMs are also responsible for helping expand to new customers within the assigned account and finding upsell opportunities.
***This is an onsite position based out of our Washington, DC office 5 days/week.
What You Will Do
- Conducts new client readiness assessments and uses the results to develop a customer success plan for each new client
- Leads the new customer onboarding experience and ensures the customer has reached their first success milestone within 30 days of their subscription beginning
- Ensures clients accomplish core milestones from their customer success plan during the course of their initial subscription
- Monitors clients’ customer success metrics and customer satisfaction survey results; uses data to triage problems and take remedial action
- Drives customers to renew their subscription at an equal or larger level
- Holds regular check-in meetings with customers to facilitate the above activities
- Maintains a high level view of the entire customer execution process by liaising with the Growth Marketing, Operations, Data Analytics and Data Integrity teams
- Develops new leads with other client teams in the assigned account and passes them to sales
What You Bring Along
- You have executive presence. You’re able to become a trusted advisor to the client at the leadership level and convince them that you are their advocate.
- You hustle. We’re looking for a high energy candidate that never waits to be told what to do and isn’t afraid to be aggressive and persistent (without being pushy).
- You have strong global health or international development industry knowledge. Our ideal candidate is intimately familiar with how different funding agencies in the industry do business.
- You’re comfortable with data and technology. You don’t need to be an expert, but you should be comfortable with basic statistics and geospatial concepts.
- You’re a natural teacher and performer. Once a client buys Premise, additional stakeholders will get involved that were not part of the sales process. You will have to teach them about Premise and create additional champions within the client’s team.
- You’re accountable. This position has a renewal target and part of your compensation will be variable.
- Working proficiency in French or Spanish
- Field experience on a USAID-funded M&E contract or you have experience in humanitarian information management
- Experiencing working for a technology company that caters to international development. There aren’t many out there so this is not a prerequisite.
What You Get
- Competitive compensation and 401k plans
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision coverage for you and your family
- Access to Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Savings Accounts
- Generous PTO + paid holidays
- Opportunities for equity shares
- Dependent-care Flexible Spending Accounts, plus Carrot Fertility benefits with coverage of $15,000
- Commuter transit and parking subsidies
- Daily lunch and snacks on-site
Premise In the News
- Premise Data Raises $85 Million To Transform Market Intelligence By Scaling Its Machine Learning And Human Intelligence Platform (PRNewswire)
- Forbes Recognizes Premise Data Among Best Startup Employers (Forbes)
- Premise Data Acquires Grupo Meiko to Accelerate Global Growth in Retail Measurement (Yahoo)
- Armed with smartphones, Colombians are taking on the local mozzies (The Economist)
- Majority in Egypt, Turkey and Tunisia on edge over food access (Al-Monitor)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.