We all know every decision should be driven by data. But what about the data you don’t know? For years, the status quo in data aggregation has lacked visibility, moved slowly, and cost too much…leaving organizations to make critical decisions, day after day, without the whole picture. Premise changes that.
Across 138 countries and counting, our technology connects communities of global smartphone users to source actionable data in real-time, cost-effectively and with the visibility the world’s most innovative companies, governments and development organizations need.
With Premise, organizations win. And communities win, too. People can earn more from their opinions and discoveries. They can influence their cities for the better. And, unlike other data sourcing methods out there, they can do it all with full transparency that the data they’re gathering is going to an organization that values it…and values them.
We’re growing rapidly, and we’re searching for an energetic and strategic Data Analyst in Bogota, Colombia. You will be part of a team of highly talented individuals and be responsible for helping surface insights from our data, producing clear and compelling visualizations and reports for our customers – specifically in the commercial sector. You will employ a range of analytical techniques and tools to do this, including statistics, custom modeling, and longitudinal studies, packaging the material in various formats to enable customer decision-making.
***This is an onsite position that is based out of our Bogota office.
What You Will Do
You’ll work in the Data Solutions team, a group of analysts, data scientists, methodologists, and statisticians who are responsible for turning our raw data into the insights our customers need to make faster, more effective decisions. Responsibilities include:
- Engage end users to understand collection requirements and goals
- Work with the Bogota-based Customer Success team to establish data collection goals, needs, and methods, as well as ultimate deliverables
- Engage closely with customers, both on-site and virtually, to understand the crucial questions that they need answers to
- Build customer-facing deliverables and/or visualizations
- Work with Data Solutions teams to build data collection mechanisms, evaluate early submissions, and create ongoing reports and analyses
- Work with those teams to build interactive dashboards using SQL queries and Looker to engage the underlying data
- Critically evaluate customer data and refine collection strategies
- Perform ongoing analysis of data to uncover issues related to quality, consistency, and/or comprehension of questions and tasks
- Highlight key insights using statistics and other analytically rigorous tools, packaging them for end users in easily digestible language and formats
- Recommend concrete suggestions for improvement and work with other teams to implement, tracking their impact and utility over time
- Support model and algorithm improvements through:
- Data cleaning, tagging, categorization, and/or correction
- Exploratory analysis of user behavior and results
- Best practices gleaned from industry research and/or broader customer use cases to improve trending, quality, and predictive models
- Translate research and requirements into recurring products
- Work with Product and Data Science teams to prototype new products and capabilities based on your research and/or customer requirements
- Support these teams’ efforts to improve existing data products to better meet customer requirements and/or increase data subscriptions/collection requests
What You Bring Along
- Fluency in English
- 3+ years experience with SQL
- 3+ years experience with a data visualization tool (Periscope Data, Google Data Studio, Tableau, Qlik, Looker, etc)
- 3+ years general analytics experience, generating client-facing reports, ideally in the commercial sector (ie market research companies, consumer packaged goods vendors, etc)
- 3+ years of quantitative or statistical analysis experience
- Excellent communication skills (both for technical and non-technical audiences)
- Relentless drive to listen, learn, and improve the world around you
- Eagerness to dive into a demand-driven queue of analytics requests covering a wide spectrum of responsibilities and projects
- Eager to teach and document your analytical deliveries so others may build off your work
- Scripting language fluency (such as R or Python), ideally for data analysis and visualization
- Experience with data quality & fraud analysis
- Familiarity working with Google BigQuery
- You excel in ambiguity and are confident in diving deep to find items of interest in large datasets
- Passion for creating greater transparency in the world, particularly in developing economies
- Passion for spreading mobile technology in the developing world
Premise In the News
- Premise Data Raises $85 Million To Transform Market Intelligence By Scaling Its Machine Learning And Human Intelligence Platform (PRNewswire)
- Forbes Recognizes Premise Data Among Best Startup Employers (Forbes)
- Premise Data Acquires Grupo Meiko to Accelerate Global Growth in Retail Measurement (Yahoo)
- Armed with smartphones, Colombians are taking on the local mozzies (The Economist)
- Majority in Egypt, Turkey and Tunisia on edge over food access (Al-Monitor)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Something looks off?