Who We Are
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.
We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About the Role
The Accounting Manager will be instrumental in building out financial infrastructure for scale as the company works to bring accounting operations in-house. You will act as an IC initially, supporting the Controller and Finance org across a variety of competencies, including billing, accounts payable, tax, payroll, and financial reporting. You’ll have a heavy hand in implementing a new ERP in Netsuite; from building out the general ledger to operationalizing new tools/workflows that will ensure financial records are accurate and delivered on a timely basis. This role will be a key partner to other departments within the organization, collaborating in data validation and establishing the appropriate internal controls to support the company through its next stage of growth. Successful candidates will be able to adapt to changing priorities in a fast paced environment and have a willingness to get their hands dirty when necessary
- Lead the month, quarter, and year-end close; including the creation of supporting schedules and related processes to ensure completeness, timeliness, and the accuracy of financial records
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the accounting department, including processing accounts payable, receivables, expense reimbursement, and payroll
- Enhance billing operations and manage sales tax compliance, ensuring revenue recognition is in line with ASC 606
- Manage technical resources to develop and document company policies under new accounting standards, including the implementation of those of those policies with the appropriate business partners
- Establish and maintain a strong control environment as it relates to spend and inventory management
- Maintain our financial tech stack which include Netsuite, Airbase, Expensify, Avalara and Rippling’s payroll ledgers
- Anticipate accounting challenges related to new business initiatives proactively build the necessary infrastructure to support the business’ needs
- Provide support for our annual financial statement audit and oversee all statutory business and tax filings
- Tackle ad-hoc projects on an as-needed basis
- 5-7 years experience in both public accounting/industry; SaaS experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other finance-related field
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP (specifically ASC 606) CPA preferred
- Strong organizational skills, autonomy, and high level of ownership
- Able to effectively communicate complex accounting topics with internal & external parties
- Experience managing components of the month end close process
- Familiarity with Netsuite, Intacct, or other comparable accounting systems
- Continually looking for areas to improve, even with minimal guidance
- Willingness to do the grunt work to keep projects on track
Platform Science Benefits Highlights
The company offers various benefits to regular, full-time employees including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurances
- AD&D and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Six weeks of paid parental leave
For more information please see the Benefits Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees.
In addition, you can access the Benefit Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees by copying and pasting the link into your browser: https://www.platformscience.com/benefits.
This is an exempt role. Our job titles for each posting may span across more than one job level. The estimated base salary for this role is between $94,719 and $125,000. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salaries across all US locations. Compensation packages are based on many factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, work experience, relevant trainings and certifications, business needs, market demands and specific geographical location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At this time we only consider candidates in these states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. In the future we plan to add more states.