Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (Mobile)
Who We Are
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.
We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About the Role
We are looking for a qualified Senior Software Development Engineer In Test to join our team in San Diego, CA. You will be hired to ensure quality and stability of our web and mobile applications within our existing and new SaaS product offerings.
Our stack is wide, diverse, and evolving. As a Sr. SDET, you are eager to take on multiple languages, frameworks, and contribute to future architecture decisions. You are versed in Agile/Scrum methodologies and are comfortable with giving and taking technical direction.
Our mobile apps are written in Kotlin/Java. Our Vehicle teams leverage Python and Go. There’s a lot of surface area to work on!
- Writing and maintaining test plans for Android mobile apps (using Testrail) with an eye for automation first.
- Creating Automated tests using Appium and Python (or other relevant tools)
- Manual exploratory and regression testing of Android mobile apps
- Manual exploratory and regression testing of connectivity in vehicles
- Manual exploratory and regression testing of Android SDK/Libraries
- Reproducing customer reported defects from JIRA or Crashlytics
- Collaboration with development and Product teams on new features/work
- Reviewing requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Thinking up new ways to break our applications
- Quality as a culture mentality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience implementing and/or designing testing frameworks from scratch
- Experience setting and implementing testing standards and best practices at an organizational level
- Experience as a team lead and developing/mentoring other SDETs
- Experience testing Android mobile applications
- Experience writing end-to-end tests across platforms
- Experience writing contract and integration tests
- Experience using Firebase Crashlytics
Platform Science Benefits Highlights
The company offers various benefits to regular, full-time employees including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurances
- AD&D and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Six weeks of paid parental leave
For more information please see the Benefits Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees.
In addition, you can access the Benefit Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees by copying and pasting the link into your browser: https://www.platformscience.com/benefits.
This is an exempt role. Our job titles for each posting may span across more than one job level. The estimated base salary for this role is between $105,000 and $170,000. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salaries across all US locations. Compensation packages are based on many factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, work experience, relevant trainings and certifications, business needs, market demands and specific geographical location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At this time we only consider candidates in these states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. In the future we plan to add more states.