Mid/Senior Software Development Engineer, Streaming Data Team
Who We Are
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About The Role
Platform Science is looking for a Mid to Senior level engineer to join our Streaming Data team. This team builds the core event messaging pipelines that connect all data within the company to internal and external services. You’ll have an opportunity to learn and build your experience in event driven design and handling large amounts of data with a lot of autonomy in architecture and development.
- Develop new features in a safe and reliable manner to help process data quickly and accurately
- Plan and review new architecture designs to aid existing and new services we build out
- Ensure both new tickets and peer development is well documented and executed
- Collaborate with other team members and teams on new development
- Required experience
- 1-2+ years of experience in more backend focused development/languages (Go, Node)
- Experience with several AWS technologies (Kinesis, ECS, MemoryDB, SQS)
- Experience in API design, development, maintenance and integration (REST)
- Experience in testing at different levels, including unit, functional, and integration testing
- Experienced with CI/CD and deployment tools, languages, and processes.
- Comfortable with 2 week sprints and a scrumban style utilizing JIRA
- Should be an advocate for testing and best practices
- Ready and able to help fellow engineers
- Willing to take ownership of multiple successful projects
- Able to think about and plan for the big picture of the services/project.
- Additional skill requirements
- Experience in IaC technologies a plus (terraform, serverless, cloudformation)
- Experience with databases and big data a plus (MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB)
- Mentoring and teaching experience with other developers
- Travel Requirements
- Up to 5%, generally hackathons and big company events in San Diego, CA
- Educational requirement
- Bachelor’s or higher in software engineering or equivalent a plus
Platform Science Benefits Highlights
The company offers various benefits to regular, full-time employees including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurances
- AD&D and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Six weeks of paid parental leave
For more information please see the Benefits Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees.
In addition, you can access the Benefit Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees by copying and pasting the link into your browser: https://www.platformscience.com/benefits
This is an exempt role. Our job titles for each posting may span across more than one job level. The estimated base salary for this role is between $98,085 and $190,000. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salaries across all US locations. Compensation packages are based on many factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, work experience, relevant trainings and certifications, business needs, market demands and specific geographical location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At this time we only consider candidates in these states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. In the future we plan to add more states.
Something looks off?