Who We Are
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.
We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About the Role
We are looking for a Data Analyst to help us process large amounts of raw information into strategic insights for consumption by our Product, Engineering, and Leadership teams. As a Data Analyst, you will be the face of the Data Team to other parts of the company.
In this role you should be highly analytical, have strong SQL skills, and be proficient at creating and presenting visualizations. You have excellent communication skills both written and verbally, with proven experience communicating highly technical information to a variety of audiences.
You will be a company wide advocate and resource for data informed decision making. You will help to mentor and grow the data team both in terms of technical skills and process improvements.
- Leverage our modern data stack (dbt, Snowflake, Looker) in order to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to enable business-critical decisions
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams to define, build, and analyze meaningful KPIs for our applications and systems
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data visualization and data-mining to create data alerts and derive actionable insights
- Filter, clean, and transform data from a variety of sources in order to enable analysis
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- 3+ years of experience as a data analyst
- 2+ years of experience with reporting and visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, Domo, etc
- Advanced SQL skills including multiple-table joins, unions, sub-queries, CTE, aggregations, temporary tables, and analytical functions
- Technical expertise regarding all things data, including: mining, modeling, transforming, cleansing, and validating
- Ability to take vague requests and transform them into concise deliverables
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or equivalent experience
Great to have
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Python
- Expertise with Looker
- Experience with Data Build Tool (dbt)
- Experience with embedded analytics solutions
- Advanced knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Python, numpy, pandas, R, Excel, etc.)
Platform Science Benefits Highlights
The company offers various benefits to regular, full-time employees including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurances
- AD&D and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Six weeks of paid parental leave
For more information please see the Benefits Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees.
In addition, you can access the Benefit Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees by copying and pasting the link into your browser: https://www.platformscience.com/benefits
This is an exempt role. Our job titles for each posting may span across more than one job level. The estimated base salary for this role is between $79,142 and $159,275. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salaries across all US locations. Compensation packages are based on many factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, work experience, relevant trainings and certifications, business needs, market demands and specific geographical location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.
At this time we only consider candidates in these states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. In the future we plan to add more states.
Something looks off?