Sr. Solutions Architect Engineer
Who We Are
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About The Role
As a Platform Science Sr. RPG Programmer you will be responsible for supporting the integration & development needs of assigned Platform Science customers. This role involves integration guidance, development and support in the transportation and logistics industry. Strong understanding of Transportation Management Solutions (TMS) and custom integration of enterprise software is a plus. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Engineering. Together with our business and sales teams, you will help create what success means for our Platform Science, partners, and customers. If you enjoy working with new technologies, being challenged with new problems, interacting with some of the biggest Transportation & Logistics companies in the US, and helping innovate an industry, then you’ll love working at Platform Science. This role reports to the Manager of Solutions Architecture Engineering.
- Creating integration into various 3rd party applications as well as supporting all Platform Science products and services.
- Act as the primary software support engineer for customer accounts, interfacing with all levels of management at the customer account.
- Support integration requirements associated with Pilots and Production Implementation for new customers as well as documenting system architecture as needed.
- Work independently with a high degree of accountability.
- Work closely with our product managers and engineers to build and optimize algorithms and systems.
- Identify risk and collaborate with internal teams to remediate and ensure successful adoption of Platform Science Solutions.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines at the same time
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline.
- 5+ years equivalent industry experience associated with development/software integration involving the following disciplines:
- Programming experience in RPG languages (IBM System i, AS/400, iSeries, RPGLE, Free-format RPG, DB2)
- Experience in SQL, JAVA, Web Services (REST APIs), must be comfortable working with XML and JSON, source control using Git
- Familiar with Transportation Management System (TMS) products (i.e. TMW, McLeod, ICC, etc.) and route management or distribution software
- Nice to have: familiarity with message queue technology (AMQP, RabbitMQ)
- Demonstrated experience guiding customers with confidence and integrity
- Excellent planning, organization, and implementation skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to senior leadership, both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency with Salesforce is a plus
- Accommodate travel up to 10% of the time
What will make you stand out
- Cloud native development in AWS
- System Architecture Design
- Experience with AMQP, RabbitMQ
- Linux administration
- Big Data
- Hardware development
- PHP, Node, JS, TS, Python, or Golang
Platform Science Benefits Highlights
The company offers various benefits to regular, full-time employees including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurances
- AD&D and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Six weeks of paid parental leave
For more information please see the Benefits Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees.
In addition, you can access the Benefit Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees by copying and pasting the link into your browser: https://www.platformscience.com/benefits
This is an exempt role. Our job titles for each posting may span across more than one job level. The estimated base salary for this role is between $105,000 and $165,330. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salaries across all US locations. Compensation packages are based on many factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, work experience, relevant trainings and certifications, business needs, market demands and specific geographical location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At this time we only consider candidates in these states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. In the future we plan to add more states.
Something looks off?