Software Development Engineer in Test Embedded
Who We Are
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About The Role
We are looking for a qualified Software Development Engineer In Test to join our team in San Diego, CA. You will be hired to ensure quality and stability of our embedded connected vehicle devices.
Our stack is wide, diverse, and evolving. As a SDET, you are eager to take on multiple languages, frameworks. You are versed in Agile/Scrum methodologies and are comfortable with giving and taking technical direction.
Our primary business logic is currently Python, Go, Kotlin and Java.
- Test Reporting: TestRai (website, API)
- Logs/Metadata storage: Artifactory (website, API)
- Bug Reporting / Automated Analysis: JIRA (website, API)
- Automated Documentation Publishing: Confluence/Wiki (Api)
- Caching / message passing: JSON (text), Protobuf (binary)
- Experience creating automated test frameworks from scratch
- GoLang Experience
- Kotline Experience
- Bluetooth Low Energy, WiFi experience
- TestRail / Python integration experience
- 1-4 years experience writing test automation code (Python, GoLang or Kotlin)
- Experience testing some of the following levels
- User Simulation)
- Experience testing on Linux and Android
- Experience with automation using Jenkins
- Understanding of RESTful and MQTT architectures is a plus
- Understanding of mobile or embedded devices
- Experience conducting load and performance testing
- An automation first testing mindset
- Experience reviewing requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Good technical foundation with ability to pick up new skills and adapt quickly
- Desire to learn new technologies while supporting existing
- Acute attention to detail
- An ability to think up new ways to break our applications
- A commitment to software craftsmanship and things like code review, design patterns, etc
- Quality as a culture mentality
Platform Science Benefits Highlights
The company offers various benefits to regular, full-time employees including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurances
- AD&D and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Six weeks of paid parental leave
For more information please see the Benefits Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees.
In addition, you can access the Benefit Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees by copying and pasting the link into your browser: https://www.platformscience.com/benefits
This is an exempt role. Our job titles for each posting may span across more than one job level. The estimated base salary for this role is between $87,980 and $148,000. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salaries across all US locations. Compensation packages are based on many factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, work experience, relevant trainings and certifications, business needs, market demands and specific geographical location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At this time we only consider candidates in these states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. In the future we plan to add more states.
Something looks off?