Staff Software Development Engineer, Embedded
Who We Are
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About The Role
We're seeking innovators - Embedded Software Engineers who seek to design new products, designing state-of-the-art transportation IoT products that do not exist today. These engineers love to code, build great products, and bring new ideas to solve real-world problems. Collaboration is at the heart of our culture, and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with multi-functional teams towards achieving a common goal.
As an embedded software engineer, you will be part of our senior technical staff that designs, implements, verifies, validates, and commercializes our onboard vehicle solutions. In this role, you will impact the edge product portfolio and the Platform Science IoT ecosystem. While this role will influence vital technical directions, this role would not supervise any direct reports.
- 7+ years of software development experience with different languages such as Kotlin/GoLang/C++ in a Linux or Android development environment
- Experience with large-scale wireless communication systems
- Experience deploying software to 100,000s of embedded devices
- Experience deploying high quality software with five 9s (99.999%) uptime and reliablity
- Networking experience: TCP/IP, NAT, L2 Switching, Firewalls, DHCP, MQTT
- Experience with software development tools such as Git, Jenkins, and JIRA
- Ability to work on distributed remote agile teams with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, EE, CE or related
Platform Science Benefits Highlights
The company offers various benefits to regular, full-time employees including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurances
- AD&D and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Six weeks of paid parental leave
For more information please see the Benefits Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees.
In addition, you can access the Benefit Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees by copying and pasting the link into your browser: https://www.platformscience.com/benefits
This is an exempt role. Our job titles for each posting may span across more than one job level. The estimated base salary for this role is between $132,534 and $234,900. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salaries across all US locations. Compensation packages are based on many factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, work experience, relevant trainings and certifications, business needs, market demands and specific geographical location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At this time we only consider candidates in these states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. In the future we plan to add more states.
Something looks off?