Product Data Analyst
IT, Product, Data Science
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
Perpetua provides growth optimization and reporting technology for the world’s smartest eCommerce businesses. Through the platform, brands and sellers create goals based on strategy and rely on Perpetua’s best-in-class, always-on optimization to execute tactically. Perpetua’s intelligent reporting tools will also surface the most important metrics you need in order to easily quantify and examine the investment of your advertising dollars into your business. Integrations with Amazon, Instacart, Walmart and more ensure brands achieve full-funnel engagement and maximum visibility.
We are looking for a Product Data Analyst to join our Product team. In this role, you will be instrumental in enabling us to make data-informed decisions using a mix of proactive discovery of insights, regularly scheduled reports and creating best practices to help maximize everyone’s use of analytics for their own purpose.
What You'll Do:
- Have a deep understanding of our customer usage patterns and leverage data to help inform the team and solve problems
- Build dashboards to monitor Product’s KPIs, generate insights and identify key drivers for any trend fluctuations.
- Develop documentation around analytics processes, own the data dictionary for the Product & Engineering team
- Deliver concise insights and analysis of key business, customer and product KPIs to the company, ensuring key drivers, takeaways and required actions are well understood
- Assist with ad-hoc deep dive analysis to understand impact of product initiatives and scout for potential product opportunities.
- Help create processes, tools and best practices to level up our teams’ competency in data fluency.
- Publish monthly feedback loop reports, consolidating data visualizations and analyze top level KPIs and feature adoption
Who You Are:
- You have experience in product/data analytics or business insights. Having worked with Product teams will be an asset.
- You have strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to derive insights from raw data and turn them into actionable recommendations. Strong proficiency in SQL, with the ability to create user friendly visualizations to help your audience digest the information.
- You are a natural collaborator and enjoys working with cross-functional teams
- You are biased for action, likes taking initiative and takes full ownership of the work while seeking help and input when needed
- You love telling compelling stories using data and has the ability to convey complex ideas succinctly
- You are a strong believer in using data to inform decision making and are willing to insert yourself to help others achieve that goal.
- You have experience with Visualization tools (e.g Looker, Preset), Product Analytics tools (e.g Mixpanel, Segment). Knowledge of statistical analytics tools (e.g Python) is an asset
Working at Perpetua:
- Perpetua is operating in an incredible market with nearly unlimited growth potential. Our team in Toronto has grown from 40 to over 200 in the last year. We have recently opened offices in London, Berlin, Sao Paulo, Tokyo and Shanghai.
- Benefits and Health Spending Account on day one
- Flexible time off policy
- Generous parental leave program
- Flexible work arrangements
- Here at Perpetua one of our values is “have presence”, we encourage team members to work in person 1-2 times per week
- When in the office: daily catered lunches from Toronto’s best restaurants, unlimited snacks and drinks, Perpetua Library
- Learn more about us here: Life at Perpetua
Working at Perpetua Canada 🇨🇦
🌍 Perpetua is operating in an incredible market with nearly unlimited growth potential. Our team has grown to over 250 in the last two years and we have global offices in London, Berlin, São Paulo, Tokyo and Shanghai.
🌴 Flexible time off policy
🧠 Learning and Development policy
💜 Benefits and Health Spending Account on day one
🍼 Generous parental leave program
👋 Here at Perpetua one of our values is “have presence”, we encourage team members to work in person 1-2 times per week
🍔 When in the office: daily catered lunches from Toronto’s best restaurants, unlimited snacks and drinks, Perpetua Library
🌿 Learn more about us here: Life at Perpetua
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from Perpetua. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
Accommodation at Perpetua
At Perpetua, we are dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce with varied experiences, perspectives and opinions. We believe diversity helps our team perform better and enables us to build an outstanding product for our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Please note, Perpetua does not accept unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at Perpetua
Something looks off?