Director, Marketplace Partnerships
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Perpetua provides advertising optimization and reporting technology for the world’s smartest eCommerce businesses. Through the platform, brands and sellers create goals based on strategy and rely on Perpetua’s best-in-class, always-on optimization to execute tactically. Perpetua’s intelligent reporting tools will also surface the most important metrics you need in order to easily quantify and examine the investment of your advertising dollars into your business. Integrations with Amazon, Instacart, Walmart and more ensure brands achieve full-funnel engagement and maximum visibility.
Our Perpetua team is looking for a Director, Marketplace Partnerships to own our relationships with our North American and EU marketplace partners. Working with major marketplaces, you will help drive Perpetua’s marketplace vision, through short and long term goals while gaining buy in, internally. Your success in this role will be measured by our growth of GMV and media spend and the level of integrations with our product partners.
What You'll Do:
- Own Perpetua’s relationships with major retail media marketplaces (Amazon, Walmart, Instacart, etc.) as well as retail media service providers (TTD, Criteo, Citrus, etc) in North America and EU
- Maintain strong relationships with marketplaces to develop a complete picture of partner perspectives and strategies
- Able to present and sell the Perpetua vision to senior level partner teams
- Where the Perpetua strategy is not resonating, work internally with brand leadership to adjust or correct as necessary.
- Ensure strong connections and relationships with partner product teams
- Own regular meetings with marketplaces, including standing QBRs and annual strategic reviews
- Own the management of API integrations with all owned marketplace partners, you’ll understand the reason for integrations and communicate and push for our product needs, with our global product teams.
- Participate in and provide content for educational sessions for internal teams on the current and future state of owned partners as well as the retail media space as a whole.
Who You Are:
- You are a strong leader and a natural influencer, leading with a customer obsessed viewpoint, you have no problem partnering with senior leaders and developing teams
- You have deep experience with retail marketplaces (5+ years) with an understanding of motivations and strategy of all players including retailers, brands, agencies, and technical partners.
- You are able to speak too and are continuously curious about the convergence of retail, marketing, digital commerce and technology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, you can easily present data, ideas and progress to internal and external stakeholders
- An equally balanced entrepreneurial and operational balanced mindset - you love getting into the weeds but don't lose focus on executing against your strategic operational priorities.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and apply structure, rigor and priorities while working with multiple diverse teams across different businesses.
- Problem solving ability – able to think laterally and to use own initiative to devise new and more effective ways of working or dealing quickly and appropriately with a specific customer or team issue
- Strong ability to prioritize, manage deliverable timelines, mitigate risks, manage budgets.
Working at Perpetua Canada 🇨🇦
🌍 Perpetua is operating in an incredible market with nearly unlimited growth potential. Our team has grown to over 250 in the last two years and we have global offices in London, Berlin, São Paulo, Tokyo and Shanghai.
🌴 Flexible time off policy
🧠 Learning and Development policy
💜 Benefits and Health Spending Account on day one
🍼 Generous parental leave program
👋 Here at Perpetua one of our values is “have presence”, we encourage team members to work in person 1-2 times per week
🍔 When in the office: daily catered lunches from Toronto’s best restaurants, unlimited snacks and drinks, Perpetua Library
🌿 Learn more about us here: Life at Perpetua
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from Perpetua. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
Accommodation at Perpetua
At Perpetua, we are dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce with varied experiences, perspectives and opinions. We believe diversity helps our team perform better and enables us to build an outstanding product for our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Please note, Perpetua does not accept unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at Perpetua
Something looks off?