FP&A Revenue Manager
Baltimore, MD, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
Flywheel’s suite of digital commerce solutions accelerate growth across all major digital marketplaces for the world’s leading brands. We give clients access to near real-time performance measurement and improve sales, share, and profit. With teams across the Americas, Europe and APAC, we offer a career with real impact, endless growth opportunities and the support you need to be the best you can be.
In the role of FP&A Revenue Manager you will be leading our efforts to drive our strategic financial planning, revenue optimization and insightful reporting. We are seeking someone with a strong accounting background and experience in the Media industry. This role will be instrumental in delivering revenue performance analysis, identifying trends, and providing insights to support the company's financial objectives.
As the FP&A Revenue Manager in the Finance FP&A team, you will work closely with the Sales and CS teams in order to provide accurate forecasts and identify risks and opportunities against the annual budget. You will be responsible for ensuring monthly revenue is reported accurately, reconciling any variances to the budget and forecast with concise variance analysis.
This role can be Baltimore or Toronto based, ideally working in one of our hub offices 1-2 days a week.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and maintain robust revenue forecasting models tailored to the nuances of the media industry.
- Collaborate with accounting, sales, and CS teams to ensure accurate and timely revenue recognition
- Reconcile monthly actuals to budget and previous forecast and prepare variance analysis
- Monitor budget variances and provide actionable insights to enhance financial performance
- Support SOP and Revenue Admin teams to identify opportunities for data and process improvements in CRM system
- Generate comprehensive reports on revenue trends, variances, and projections
- Manage and develop a team of one through regular coaching & mentoring
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience with financial planning and analysis with a focus on revenue management
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field. CPA is a plus
- Media industry experience is strongly preferred
- Experience with Sales systems (Salesforce), Accounting Systems (SAP, Oracle) and Financial reporting systems (Hyperion, IBM Planning & Analytics)
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and skills.
- Excellent understanding of financial modelling and forecasting techniques
- Ability to communicate complex information to non-technical audiences.
- Must be self-driven and able to work autonomously.
Flywheel is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices, actual salary will be determined based on geography & level of experience. The current range is calculated in USD, for other global locations please connect with your Recruiter.
Working at Flywheel
We are proud to offer all Flywheelers a competitive rewards package and unparalleled career growth opportunities and a supportive, fun and engaging culture.
• We have office hubs across the globe where team members can go to feel productive, inspired, and connected to others
• Flexible time off policy
• Great learning and development opportunities
• Generous Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance plans
• 401K Savings Incentive Plan & Flexible Spending Accounts
• Volunteering opportunities
• Learn more about us here: Life at Flywheel
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from our Talent Acquisition team. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
At Flywheel, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Flywheel people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Flywheel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know at [email protected] so that we can support you.
Please note, We do not accept unsolicited resumes.
IMPORTANT ALERT: Please beware of fraudulent job communications from individuals falsely claiming to be from Flywheel. We've identified fraudulent activity through social media and messaging services purporting to be from Flywheel requesting payments for job- and recruitment-related expenses. Flywheel never asks candidates for personal information such as bank account data or tax IDs nor payments via social media or chat-based applications. Report suspected fraud to local authorities immediately. To learn more, click here.