Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Sterling, VA, USA · Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Monday, October 23, 2023
Flywheel’s suite of digital commerce solutions accelerate growth across all major digital marketplaces for the world’s leading brands. We give clients access to near real-time performance measurement and improve sales, share, and profit. With teams across the Americas, Europe, APAC, and China, we offer a career with real impact, endless growth opportunities and the support you need to be the best you can be.
In this role, you will support our Perpetua product, which focuses on the seller and SMB market segment within the Flywheel portfolio. Perpetua provides growth optimization and reporting technology for the world’s smartest eCommerce businesses. Through the platform, brands and sellers create goals based on strategy and rely on Perpetua’s best-in-class, always-on optimization to execute tactically.
As an Engineering Manager on our team, you will work with our Engineering Leadership team to help lead the vision and execution for our Engineering team. As a leader on our team, you will help drive a cohesive strategy to take our team and products to the next phase of growth and scale.
You'll join a team of highly collaborative and passionate people on a mission to help give superpowers to anyone that sells online by building best-in-class ecommerce advertising products. A critical part of the role is to attract, develop, and retain the next generation of Engineering leaders and top talent in North America.
What You'll Do:
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of Engineers focused on advertising bidding algorithms performing millions of bids a day to continuously optimize ads
- Build and execute development plans, create and deploy best-in-class processes, and proactively identify and resolve issues
- Use depth and breadth of technical expertise to ensure platforms being built are scalable, maintainable and extensible
- Work closely with your peers in product, design, production and QA, to ensure seamless execution.
- Actively participate in design and code reviews for the team.
- Living our values, you will work towards building a cohesive team united by best in class engineering principles
Who You Are:
- You have progressive years of software engineering experience, with 3+ leading teams of Engineering talent from co-op to Staff
- You have strong experience working with Python, Django, Flask, ReactJS, Airflow
- You are able to define clear deliverables and timelines and communicate them within your team, your peers and the rest of the organization
- You have strong software engineering fundamentals including systems architecture, algorithms, problem solving and experience building web-based SaaS products
- You have an understanding of how the Web and Cloud works and have experience working in GCP, AWS or Azure
- Experience scaling systems that ingest terabytes of data daily
- You are customer obsessed, and have no problem building relationships with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
Working at Flywheel
We are proud to offer all Flywheelers a competitive rewards package and unparalleled career growth opportunities and a supportive, fun and engaging culture.
• We have office hubs across the globe where team members can go to feel productive, inspired, and connected to others
• Flexible time off policy
• Great learning and development opportunities
• Benefits and Health Spending Account on day one
• Generous parental leave program
• Volunteering opportunities
• Our Toronto office follows a hybrid model, we encourage team members to come in person 1-2 times per week
• When in the office: daily catered lunches from Toronto’s best restaurants, unlimited snacks and drinks, engaging company events, etc
• Learn more about us here: Life at Flywheel
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from our Talent Acquisition team. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
At Flywheel, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Flywheel people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Flywheel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Please note, We do not accept unsolicited resumes.