Product Design Lead
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Perpetua provides growth optimization and reporting technology for the world’s smartest eCommerce businesses. Through the platform, brands and sellers create goals based on strategy and rely on Perpetua’s best-in-class, always-on optimization to execute tactically. Perpetua’s intelligent reporting tools will also surface the most important metrics you need in order to easily quantify and examine the investment of your advertising dollars into your business. Integrations with Amazon, Instacart, Walmart, and more ensure brands achieve full-funnel engagement and maximum visibility.
As a Product Design Lead you will manage a small but mighty team of Product Designers focused on delivering world-class experiences to e-commerce sellers and agencies globally. You will play a key role in the individual growth development of the product design team members, as well as the product development process as a whole. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, UX research, visual design, and career growth skills, and you will own a large part of the Perpetua product direction and business strategies.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead, partner, and support the design process and our team's philosophies, to create user-centered concepts that deliver consistent, intuitive experiences
- Collaborate with design leaders and key stakeholders to ensure alignment across the organization
- Set project goals and priorities, manage timelines, and ensure that the design team is delivering high-quality work in a frictionless manner
- Define product design strategy and optimize our customer experience using a variety of inputs, and clearly articulate rationale behind design decisions
- Completely rethink how complex cross-channel advertising campaigns are monitored and managed
- Present and communicate concepts, designs, and prototypes to cross-functional team members and stakeholders with clarity
- Build, maintain, and improve the Perpetua Oasis design systems
Who You Are:
- You have at least Senior or Management experience in an Agile software development environment, ideally with B2B experience
- You are a strong communicator and have the ability to tailor your communication based on the audience you’re speaking with
- You have a strong sense of customer empathy and a passion for delivering the best experience possible on an interaction-by-interaction, experience-by-experience basis
- You embrace complexities, and love diving into problems head-on even if they are uncharted territory to you. Learning about new things excites you and you thrive in it!
- You have experience designing end-to-end experiences on both web and native mobile applications
- You have experience managing/mentoring other designers in Visual, UX, or Product design positions at different points in their careers
- You have experience building and maintaining large-scale Design Systems
- You have advanced proficiency in UX tools such as Figma, Figjam, Miro, and interactive workshops
- You have the ability to think on your feet and adapt to changing/open-ended requirements
- You demonstrate strategic product thinking and vision
Working at Perpetua Canada 🇨🇦
🌍 Perpetua is operating in an incredible market with nearly unlimited growth potential. Our team has grown to over 250 in the last two years and we have global offices in London, Berlin, São Paulo, Tokyo and Shanghai.
🌴 Flexible time off policy
🧠 Learning and Development policy
💜 Benefits and Health Spending Account on day one
🍼 Generous parental leave program
👋 Here at Perpetua one of our values is “have presence”, we encourage team members to work in person 1-2 times per week
🍔 When in the office: daily catered lunches from Toronto’s best restaurants, unlimited snacks and drinks, Perpetua Library
🌿 Learn more about us here: Life at Perpetua
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from Perpetua. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
Accommodation at Perpetua
At Perpetua, we are dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce with varied experiences, perspectives and opinions. We believe diversity helps our team perform better and enables us to build an outstanding product for our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Please note, Perpetua does not accept unsolicited resumes.