Director, Corporate Consolidations
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 1, 2023
Note: Perpetua is part of Ascential's Digital Commerce brand portfolio. The Perpetua Talent Acquisition team is supporting Recruitment for this role. More info here.
The shift to digital commerce is only accelerating. Faster. We know that our customers – the world’s top consumer brands and their ecosystems – need the right information to help seize that opportunity. Our products and brands help our customers optimize their digital commerce, maximize marketing impact and create the right products.
The Director, Corporate Consolidations will lead the overall consolidation process, including review of intercompany transactions and profit eliminations, consolidation accounting, consolidated general ledger and ownership of the consolidated trial balance. This is inclusive of ensuring proper accounting for the Company’s corporate level transactions, such as corporate allocations, accrual calculations, journal entries, and reconciliations.
This position will coordinate, manage and support monthly consolidation close activities for timeliness, accuracy, and completeness. Using a firm understanding of our entity structure, general ledger and financial systems, the Director, Corporate Consolidations will drive process improvements and efficiencies while ensuring the integrity of the process and data. This position partners with the entire corporate accounting team, finance, and business units to support the consolidations and internal/external reporting processes.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee the consolidated financial closings, special transactions, local currency and functional currency accounting processes.
- Prepare financial statements to meet internal and external reporting requirements.
- Assist with populating financials and footnote disclosures for SEC filings.
- Develop automated financial reports, where possible.
- Take ownership of the Company’s Corporate Consolidations and accounting process and policy manual.
- Responsible for evaluating the Company’s foreign exchange exposure and implementing the necessary accounting procedures and controls.
- Participate or lead the development of software applications/processes implemented for both the business and accounting functions.
- Work cross functionally with domestic and international Finance teams, FP&A, and subsidiaries
- Assist in ensuring that new accounting pronouncements are appropriately applied by the various entities within the company.
- Research and discuss complex reporting issues related to significant Company transactions and the financial reporting process.
- Provide support to external auditors.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA designation required
- Minimum of 10 years practical work experience and familiarity with areas of intercompany transactions, revaluation, translation, multi-currency consolidations and financial reporting. And at least 2 years of management responsibility.
- Experience with SAP and Hyperion required.
- Proven ability to leverage current technology to drive process efficiencies.
- Strong leadership with associate performance management experience, analytical ability, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Ability to work with a high level of initiative, self-motivation, and confidence, can easily work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional written and oral communication, teamwork orientation and diplomacy.
- Possess an ownership mentality, with attention to detail and the willingness to roll-up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals.
Working at Ascential Digital Commerce 🇺🇸
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
🌴 Unlimited PTO
🧠 Learning and Development Opportunities
👍 401K – Saving Incentive plan
💜 Generous Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance plans
🍼 Generous parental leave program
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from our team. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call. Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
Our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
Please note, We do not accept unsolicited resumes.