Senior Sales Engineer
People Data Labs
We are the provider of people and company data. Our goal is to do the heavy lifting of data collection and standardization so our customers can focus on building and scaling innovative, compliant data solutions.
We are looking for individuals who can balance extreme ownership with a “one-team, one-dream” mindset. Our customers are trying to solve complex problems, and we only help them achieve their goals as a team. Data as a Service (DaaS) is not for first-time closers or those without 3+ years of selling experience. Experience with a more technical product or one with a significant API component allows for an easier transition into the data space.
- Excel in a dynamic startup environment with significant impact opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with the executive team to drive revenue and secure major agreements with leading global brands.
- Act as a key technical expert and trusted advisor for the sales team, customers, and partners, addressing customer business challenges using the PDL Product Stack and enhancing sales through partners.
- A successful Sr. SE at PDL is committed to excellence, proactively seeks self-improvement, and enhances team performance by embracing continuous learning and challenging the status quo.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary technical liaison for accounts, fostering value-based relationships and deeply understanding customer goals to align them with PDL's solutions.
- Owns all data evaluations, Proof of Concepts, and customer interactions
- Create relevant collateral and engage in collaborative initiatives with PDL colleagues to address unique client needs, acting as the sales team's conduit to engineering and leadership for feedback and improvement suggestions.
- Actively pursue professional and technical development opportunities at PDL to enhance both sales acumen and technical skills.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficient in Python, SQL, and Big Data, with a strong ability to advise customers on tech stack architecture for Big Data and work with Rest APIs, including understanding their backend and inner workings.
- Capable of interpreting complex code for less technical team members and customers, and articulating said code and the benefits of its outcome//data.
- Committed to customer advocacy, and delivering outstanding customer experiences.
- Proven history in building successful customer relationships, identifying and addressing their needs with effective solutions, and operating with technical autonomy
- Collaborative role involving co-ownership with Customer Success Managers and Data Consultants, focusing on the entire customer lifecycle and building trusted advisor relationships through technical excellence and empathy, particularly for developers or those with a deep understanding of developer needs.
Nice To Have / Value-Add Experience
- Data stores like Redshift, Azure, Mongo, etc.
- Data products
- Writing Kibana KQL & ElasticSearch queries
- Writing complex queries
- Cloud experience in AWS
- Logfile exploration tooling (i.e. Kibana, Periscope, Graylog, etc.)
Great people make great teams. We believe in building highly functional, energetic, and engaging teams to serve our customers. People, Customers, Shareholders, in that order, sets us up for success and delivering on our promises.
- Competitive Salaries
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health, fitness, and office stipends
- The permanent ability to work wherever and however you want