Senior Translational Science Lead
Boston or Remote Considered
Who We Are
PathAI is on a mission to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. We are transforming traditional pathology methods with powerful new technologies. These innovations in pathology can help accelerate drug development, improve confidence in the accuracy of diagnosis, and get life-saving therapies to patients more quickly. At PathAI, you'll work with a diverse and talented team of people, who are dedicated to solving complex problems and making a huge impact.
Where You Fit
We're looking for a skilled and experienced translational scientist and/or program manager to join our team and help support the execution of PathAI’s business and academic partnerships, including strategic projects, external collaborations and internal initiatives. The Translational Science Lead will work closely with machine learning, biomedical data sciences, pathology, product development, and business operations teams to ensure that our scientific project goals are being met and new opportunities in translational medicine are uncovered. The Translational Science Lead will be responsible for building and managing strategic programs with partners, overseeing the day-to-day operations of current projects with partners, and supporting the development of new projects/programs.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for the scientific and strategic development of company projects and partnerships.
- Drive and uphold rigorous scientific standards, bringing consistency to the analyses you encounter and ensuring our discoveries are adequately reviewed.
- Apply cutting edge approaches towards understanding disease biology to improve precision medicine and biomarker development.
- Solve interesting problems with machine learning and data science.
- Oversee day-to-day technical developments and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate across a range of groups - biomarker scientists, business development, pathology, product, machine learning, engineering and infrastructure teams.
- Recommend new features for internal and external users, and improve existing ones to enhance the user experience.
- Provide partner feedback to our product teams to influence the future roadmap and contribute to the commercial strategy
- Mentor, learn, and share knowledge with others along the way
What You Bring
- 4+ years of experience in biotech, pharmaceutical or medical device industries.
- Advanced degree in life sciences or biomedical engineering-related disciplines required, PhD preferred.
- Experience with biomarker development, translational medicine, and drug development strategies
- Ability to process quantitative datasets and broad comfort with statistics.
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space.
- Strong organizational skills and experience managing project timelines
We Want To Hear From You
At PathAI, we are looking for individuals who are team players, are willing to do the work no matter how big or small it may be, and who are passionate about everything they do. If this sounds like you, even if you may not match the job description to a tee, we encourage you to apply. You could be exactly what we're looking for.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.