Bilingual Community Engagement Specialist - Floater
About Pair Team
Pair Team is on a mission to improve the wellbeing of underserved communities by connecting them to high-quality care.
Pair Team cares for the highest-need Medicaid recipients through a community-led, virtual care model. We take responsibility for the whole person by addressing not just clinical needs, but also health-related social needs such as housing instability and food access. We partner with local community-based organizations like shelters and safety net providers to coordinate care alongside our multidisciplinary care team to improve the wellbeing of underserved individuals and communities.
- Trust: We consistently strive to earn the trust of our patients, our clinic partners, and our teammates.
- Growth: We grow together – as a company and as individuals.
- Accountability: We act like owners and take pride in our work.
- Act beyond yourself: Our vision and impact goes beyond ourselves and so must our actions.
About the Opportunity
Pair Team is building a team of deeply passionate individuals ready to change primary care operations for those who need it most. We are looking for a highly motivated full-time Community Engagement Specialist who is willing to think creatively and empathically to help our team change the way people access healthcare.
We seek a full-time Community Engagement Specialist to play a critical role on our team by directly engaging with and enrolling individuals living with Serious Mental Illness/ Substance Use Disorder, experiencing homelessness, and/or those who have high medical needs. We believe in the power of trust and relationships to successfully engage those who may have never received the kind of whole-health care that Pair Team can provide.
This is a remote-forward role that requires on-site work 1-2x a month in Fresno, CA and one other market (San Bernardino/Riverside, Los Angeles, San Diego, and/or Santa Cruz).
- Identify, outreach, engage and enroll individuals into the program virtually through phone, text and email, and in-person at clinic, community based organization, and health system partner locations
- Seeks to listen openly to eligible members and meets them where they are – understanding that enrollment may require multiple outreaches and adopts a “it’s not my fault but it is my problem” attitude in all communication styles and approaches
- Offer education to our partners regarding Pair Team’s services with a focus on linking eligible members to the Enhanced Care Management program
- Explain the services and benefits of Enhanced Care Management, understanding that many may have lived personal experiences causing them to be initially hesitant or distrusting of the health care system
- Leverage your deep understanding of the community and best-in-class customer service skills to gain trust with eligible members and enroll them in the program
- Promote effective and timely communication amongst internal teams, clinic, community based organization, and health system partners
- Meet key enrollment metrics and to ensure you are supporting our mission to improve the wellbeing of underserved communities
- Effectively manage the end-to-end enrollment funnel, ensuring member’s continuation in the enrollment process
- Provide consistent updates on funnel stages including delays and blockers
- Proficiency in all additional internal/external technology tools utilized for the position
- You are physically located in or near Fresno, California
- Field Ops requires you to maintain reliable transportation for engagement at clinic, community based organization, and health system partner locations
- Virtual Ops requires a quiet, HIPAA compliant and internet connected space
- 1+ year of experience working in a metric or quota-driven environment
- Dedicated to working within and improving the community you are part of
- You are results driven with a proven track record of exceeding performance indicators
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) with excellent communication skills with proficiency reading, writing, speaking, and listening in English and Spanish
- You have strong technical skills and comfort with utilizing multiple technology platforms
- You are a fantastic listener, skilled at “reading people” and understand how others may be feeling or thinking based on nuances, uncomfortable silences, or questions they ask
- You have experience with high volume outreach and engagement campaigns
- You are reliable and comfortable in an environment that is ever-changing to improve the wellbeing of underserved communities through increased access to high-quality care
- You hold an active certification as a Community Health Worker (if not, no worries - we will pay for the training to obtain your CHW certification!)
Because We Value You:
- Salary: $22-25/hour depending on experience
- Assistance and training provided for you to obtain a Community Health Worker certification (fully paid!)
- Comprehensive health, vision & dental insurance
- Equity compensation package
- Employer-sponsored 401k plan
- Flexible vacation policy – take the time you need to recharge
- We provide the equipment needed for the role - laptop, monitor, etc.
- Monthly $100 work from home expense stipend for your WFH days
- Mileage/gas reimbursement for your on-site days
- Opportunity for rapid career progression with plenty of room for personal growth!