Manager, Motion Planning and Navigation
São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
Outrider is a software company that is automating distribution yards with electric, self-driving trucks. Our system eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive while it improves safety and efficiency. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation. We are a private company founded in 2018 and backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. Our customers are Fortune 200 companies and our autonomous trucks are already running in distribution yards. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
We are seeking a talented Motion Planning and Navigation manager to lead our team of exceptional engineers. In this role, you'll be responsible for driving the development and implementation of cutting-edge algorithms and technologies that enable our Outrider robot to appropriately navigate its environment. This includes problems related to accurate motion planning, and smart behavior planning. Your leadership and technical expertise will be crucial in shaping the future of our navigation capabilities!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Team Leadership
- Lead and inspire a team, providing guidance, mentorship, and fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Set clear goals, objectives, and performance expectations for team members, and ensure their professional growth and development.
- Foster a culture of teamwork, knowledge sharing, and continuous mentorship and improvement within the team.
- Oversee the planning, execution, and delivery of navigation algorithms projects, ensuring adherence to timelines, quality standards, and budget constraints.
- Collaborate with other teams in autonomy, including DL, data, system and integration to define the tactical and strategic direction for navigation algorithms development.
- Drive the roadmap for motion planning and navigation, aligning it with org goals, requirements, and technological advancements.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest research and industry trends
- Technical Leadership
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to the team in areas such as motion planning and behavior planning
- Conduct research and analysis to identify and evaluate state-of-the-art algorithms and techniques for enhancing navigation capabilities
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field. A Ph.D. is a plus.
- Solid understanding of the latest research and industry trends in navigation algorithms and their applications.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- $200,000 - $210,000 per year
- Actual compensation is based on several factors, including but not limited to job-related skills, qualifications, experience, and specific work location due to differences in the cost of labor.
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.
To protect yourself against the increasing number of recruiting scams, please make sure that you are communicating with Outrider Technologies, Inc. or one of its employees. The only way to communicate with us is through our corporate website at www.outrider.ai, through corporate emails utilizing our domain name of @outrider.ai, and through our job board at jobs.lever.co/outrider. Be vigilant when checking domains because imitators often make very small changes to trick the eye. Additionally, please know that Outrider does not use text messaging or public messaging platforms, such as Telegram or Whatsapp, to communicate with candidates and Outrider will never ask an employment candidate for financial information or for payment of any kind.