ML Data Engineer
Software Engineering, Data Science
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
Outrider is a software company that is automating distribution yards with electric, self-driving trucks. Our system eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive while it improves safety and efficiency. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation. We are a private company founded in 2018 and backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. Our customers are Fortune 200 companies and our autonomous trucks are already running in distribution yards. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
Join us as a ML Data Engineer at Outrider, where you'll be at the forefront of a thrilling journey in machine learning and data operations. As part of our newly formed MLOps team, you'll play a pivotal role in our rapid expansion. We're ambitiously scaling our data collections by 100x and diving into an array of groundbreaking projects.
Imagine a role where your work directly shapes the future of autonomous vehicle technology. You'll be instrumental in constructing and refining a robust data framework essential for fueling all our algorithms, ranging from intricate deep learning systems to sophisticated filter/state estimation.
With a vast initiative to collect and ingest petabytes of autonomous vehicle data, your efforts will power major advancements in our deep learning and data analysis capabilities. You'll collaborate with an inspired engineering team and visionary leadership, all dedicated to achieving remarkable feats.
Your impact won't go unnoticed, as you'll contribute to vital deep learning projects that are key to advancing Outrider’s autonomous vehicle technologies
Duties and Responsibilities
- Spearhead development of a data platform and ecosystem of tools to enable deep learning and state-estimation algorithm development.
- Analyze and interpret data from extensive data lakes to support deep learning and state estimation algorithm development.
- Direct the processing of large data sets in cloud environments, ensuring scalability and efficiency.
- Have direct exposure to all perception deep learning and state-estimation solutions Outrider uses - each one of which is powered by the data platform you will help build.
- Actively participate in data collection, balancing hardware interaction and data handling, and oversee the design of efficient data collection methods.
- Develop and refine data pipelines for optimal speed and reliability in high-volume data handling.
- Manage infrastructure critical to data storage and processing, including database performance and relevance.
- Specialize in handling and verifying diverse sensor data, such as cameras, Lidar, and radar, to uphold data accuracy and dependability
- Influence the evolution of autonomous logistics through impactful, cutting-edge work
- Proven engineering expertise, with several years of experience in big data
- Advanced proficiency in Python programming.
- Strong background in relational SQL databases and schema design
- In-depth knowledge and practical skills with modern cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Demonstrated ability in developing and optimizing data pipelines and storage solutions.
- Proficiency in understanding and applying DAG concepts, designing scalable and parallelizable workflows.
- Comfortable working in deep learning environments.
- Deep learning expertise is desirable (not essential), particularly in visual data like images, radar, and lidar
- Strong background in managing large-scale data compute and database systems.
- MLOps knowledge, combining machine learning with operational skills, especially in data engineering for deep learning projects.
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.
To protect yourself against the increasing number of recruiting scams, please make sure that you are communicating with Outrider Technologies, Inc. or one of its employees. The only way to communicate with us is through our corporate website at www.outrider.ai, through corporate emails utilizing our domain name of @outrider.ai, and through our job board at jobs.lever.co/outrider. Be vigilant when checking domains because imitators often make very small changes to trick the eye. Additionally, please know that Outrider does not use text messaging or public messaging platforms, such as Telegram or Whatsapp, to communicate with candidates and Outrider will never ask an employment candidate for financial information or for payment of any kind.