Perception Algorithms & State Estimation Engineer
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
Outrider is a software company that is automating distribution yards with electric, self-driving trucks. Our system eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive while it improves safety and efficiency. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation. We are a private company founded in 2018 and backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. Our customers are Fortune 200 companies and our autonomous trucks are already running in distribution yards. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
We are looking for a Perception Algorithms & State Estimation Engineer to solve complex perception and state estimation problems for online autonomy. The ideal candidate has experience with developing and deploying algorithms in robotics using camera, lidar, and/or radar data. The types of problems the candidate will address may include: object detection and tracking. State estimation for localization, mapping, and sensor calibration. Modeling and estimating tractor/trailer states, including path curvature, ego and trailer pose, trailer angle, trailer wheelbase/length.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and develop state estimation solutions that run online on our autonomous vehicle
- Define meaningful metrics and deliver solutions to achieve them
- Work within the perception team to leverage data, and with other teams to deliver solutions ready for deployment on the autonomous vehicle
- Mentor and guide other team members to help achieve overall perception goals
- Skilled with modern C++, Python
- Experience building state of the art state estimation solutions for real time applications in robotics, including E/KFs, factor graphs, optimization
- Experience building mapping and calibration solutions
- Experience working with camera, lidar, and/or radar data in autonomy application
- Comfort iterating on complex problems and models: problem definition, data, bring-up, debugging, evaluation and deployment
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter, able to work and overcome challenges independently
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.
To protect yourself against the increasing number of recruiting scams, please make sure that you are communicating with Outrider Technologies, Inc. or one of its employees. The only way to communicate with us is through our corporate website at www.outrider.ai, through corporate emails utilizing our domain name of @outrider.ai, and through our job board at jobs.lever.co/outrider. Be vigilant when checking domains because imitators often make very small changes to trick the eye. Additionally, please know that Outrider does not use text messaging or public messaging platforms, such as Telegram or Whatsapp, to communicate with candidates and Outrider will never ask an employment candidate for financial information or for payment of any kind.