Associate, Market P&L
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Associate to join our Market P&L team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
You will be responsible for supporting membership growth and market management. You will execute the local network strategy and ensure providers across our service area have the information and support they need to provide best-in-class member care and drive quality outcomes.
You will report to the Senior Manager, North East P&L.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
This is a hybrid role in our New York office. You will work part of the time in the office and part of the time remote / work-from-home. #LI-Hybrid
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $98,400 - $129,150 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $88,560 - $116,235 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program, and annual performance bonuses.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop strategies to improve profitability and sustainability Execute necessary tasks of network construction plan for assigned market(s).
- Maintain relationships and outreach directly to potential network partners to coordinate growth efforts.
- Support market leadership with contract negotiations and strategies to bring new partners in our network.
- Support and/or manage team members responsible for the servicing, education and communication to our provider network.
- Monitor assigned networks to gauge compliance with standards, developing corrective action plans with market leadership to remediate deficiencies.
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree or 4+ years commensurate experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in healthcare client management, healthcare consulting, or provider healthcare contracting, healthcare finance, performance management, healthcare operations, or a related field
- 2+ years experience presentation materials aimed at Senior Leadership, including synthesizing and summarizing findings through data visualizations and effective storytelling
- 1+ years experience running financial analyses on a markets or product lines, and working cross-functionally to drive improvement opportunities and increase growth and profitability
- Prior experience in Health Insurance (Individual and/or Medicare Advantage) and/or Healthcare industry
- Experience managing employees with demonstrated history of promotions, hiring, and people growth
- Preferred experience with provider operations, networks operations or data management
- Experience / background in a fast-paced environment
- Up to 10%
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.