Associate Director, Strategic Initiatives
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Associate Director, Strategic Initiatives to join our Clinical Strategy & Optimization team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
You will be part of the Clinical Business Operations team and will bring the strategy and implementation of special projects for Oscar's Utilization Management Team. The primary responsibility for this role would be to set the UM strategy and deploy tactics that allow us to enhance our overall program value including Prior Auth Strategy, Delegate Vendor Strategy, Strategic Programs improving MLR or Total Cost of Care.
We ask that you use financial skills along with the ability to form collaboration to guide strategic execution. Working with the clinical leadership and other Oscar, this position would update executive leadership on financial, strategic, and executional agreement to meet our Oscar goals. You will also require active project coordination and management, solving problems and escalating issues and an ability to work across different programs and partners at the same time.
While this is a very strategic role, to be successful, it will be important for you leading this responsibility to have prior experience in either operations or completing large projects.
You will report to the Sr. Director, Clinical Strategy & Optimization.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
If you live within commutable distance to our New York City office ( in Hudson Square), our Tempe office (off the 101 at University Ave), or our Los Angeles office (in Marina Del Rey), you will be expected to come into the office at least two days each week. Otherwise, this is a remote / work-from-home role.
You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $158,400 - $207,900 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $142,080 - $187,110 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program, and annual performance bonuses.
- Achieve and work on the strategy to enhance UM program's overall value including determining and uncovering new opportunities across UM clinical operations
- Improve the UM program's Return on investment by defining and implementing the prior authorization strategy
- Achieve delegate vendor oversight strategy including determining new specialities, markets and vendors to work with
- Identify and perform cost-savings opportunities by collaborating with important departments such as Clinical Team, Finance, Product, Tech, Medical-Cost Management, Data Science, Finance and other regional teams to improve results for strategic programs
- Program management of main company and clinical strategy projects and be the source of truth for value delivery programs for the UM team
- Evaluate financial and performance metrics dashboards to create dashboards for Senior Leadership report outs
- Create Staffing models, guide the budgeting process and the fiscal performance for the Utilization Management team in association with the leadership team
- Grow direct reports, ensuring that colleagues are supported in professional development
- 7+ years experience in healthcare strategy and operations, or related field
- 4+ years of experience managing individual contributors
- Work / project planning experience
- Experience leading large-scale projects
- Experience with Excel (can perform complex functions) and financial modeling experience
- Master's degree
- Management Consulting experience with a focus on healthcare
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (accommod[email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.