Actuarial Analyst II
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Actuarial Analyst II to join our Actuarial team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Actuarial Analyst II role works directly with other actuaries, data scientists, insurance and tech professionals to help Oscar's innovative model to succeed as we grow. We understand technology, so this can become a powerful part of your tool kit.
You will report to the Manager, Actuarial.
This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $78,400 - $102,900 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $70,560 - $92,610 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar's unlimited vacation program and annual performance bonuses.
- Maintain pricing models and methodologies, perform multiple trend analyses and experience monitoring
- Important contributor in developing and submitting regulatory filings
- Provide an actuarial viewpoint across teams for Oscar's ACA-compliant Individual and Small Group markets as we grow in our markets
- Promote and shape Oscar actuarial best practices concerning automation and documentation
- Maintain relationships, relationship, and lines of communication with all partners
- A bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or Finance
- Actively take exams in pursuit of becoming an Associate of the Society of Actuaries
- Successfully passed a minimum of 2 actuarial exams
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant actuarial experience
- Understanding of foundational actuarial principles, including but not limited to pricing, forecasting, valuation, modeling, and product development
- Experience with SQL
- Familiarity with the Affordable Care Act and related financial & regulatory reporting
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Something looks off?