We are on a mission to ensure that the financial system is routing money to the best ideas while helping people build and protect their long-term financial health. Our platform empowers financial advisors to learn about, build personalized strategies around, and invest in (previously inaccessible) private investments to help them grow their businesses and improve the outcomes of their clients.
The market for private investments is expected to grow by $2 trillion in the next decade, but remains largely inaccessible to the majority of non-institutional investors. Our platform provides exclusive educational content, personalized guidance, bespoke investment options, and a streamlined investment process to help make these investments more accessible than ever before.
About the Role
This is an early-stage role with high impact and visibility that will require working closely with company leadership, engineering, design, business development, legal, and the investment team. As product manager, you will drive the processes and shape the systems that empower financial advisors to evaluate, transact on, and manage private investment opportunities for their clients. You will lead the prioritization, definition, and delivery of some of our most foundational product features.
We’re looking for an experienced product manager who can both define the product strategy and drive effective and timely execution. You will work collaboratively, leading the process from problem definition through discovery, to concept development and refinement, all the way to delivering world-class investment management workflows and capabilities.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Shaping the product vision and strategy. You will translate inputs from a broad range of stakeholders, integrating your knowledge of users and the market into clearly articulated near-term priorities, medium-term product strategy, and a long-term vision.
- Being the voice of our users. Working in close partnership with our investment teams, you will quickly become an expert in all aspects of our users, their needs, and how to solve their most salient investment challenges.
- Managing a fast discovery and iteration loop. You will shape the clarity, structure, and collaborative nature of Opto’s process of going from problem definition through to rapid testing of concepts via primary research, ad hoc analysis, prototypes, and iterative development processes in close partnership with our advisory services, investment management, design and engineering teams.
- Defining core product functionality. You will own the creation of business cases, high-level use cases, technical requirements and documentation, OKRs and ROI analyses, developed in close partnership with cross-functional teammates. You will translate complex user requirements and financial concepts into elegant workflows and useful portfolio management tools.
- Bringing the product to life: From building schedules and roadmaps to running standups to publishing product requirements, creating prototypes and launching portfolio analysis features, you will help product development teams do their best work and bring game-changing user experiences to life.
- Building a deep technical partnership. You will partner with engineers throughout the development process from problem identification through to product launch. You will be the domain expert that engineers rely on to wrap their heads around complex investment topics and identify the right systems and experiences to build.
- Building a deep UX partnership. You will partner with product design to create delightful experiences that transform advisor workflows and enhance their relationships with clients.
You are inherently curious and persistent in your desire to understand the root cause of any problem. You have a track record of delivering multiple complex products on time, with broad reach and measurable impact. You are a creative, innovative product thinker who can partner with design, engineering, and investment teams to create simple and delightful experiences, even in the face of complex constraints and requirements.
You enjoy helping others stay organized and on track to deliver successfully while remaining flexible. You have strong communication skills, the ability to work cross-functionally, and a passion for finance and investing. You bring a confident and positive attitude with a low ego, and a high degree of ingenuity and resourcefulness.
- Product development. You have an exceptional ability to build products and systems for sophisticated, analytical workflows. You have experience translating the complex into highly functional and elegant solutions.
- Comfort with ambiguity. You’ve worked on early-stage products that require questioning and reevaluation of all assumptions and a willingness to scrap everything and start over.
- Clear and proactive communication. You are able to boil complex subject matter into articulate talking points, documents, and presentations that explain your research, rationale, and the underlying “whys.”
- Bridge building. You have a track record of building trust and alignment across people of different backgrounds, specializations, working styles, and belief systems and aligning people around a central cause.
- Research expertise. You can run both qualitative and quantitative research that results in artifacts that engender deep empathy with the needs of a broad range of user types and translate their pain points into clearly articulated business opportunities and specs.
- Technical savvy. While you might not be fluent in code, you can express investment logic and workflows clearly and partner with engineers to execute across the software development life cycle.
- User centricity. You are an advocate for the user, relying on deep user empathy to create product requirements, build consensus, and make informed prioritization decisions.
- Leadership. You inspire clarity of purpose, excitement, a sense of urgency, accountability, and ownership amongst your collaborators across the company.
- Degree in computer science, finance/economics, or a related technical field.
- Fluency writing Python code or equivalent for financial analysis.
- 1+ years of Product Management or similar experience in enterprise / B2B space, preferably in fintech or asset management.
- Experience building software for complex, data-centric workflows.
- Cross-functional leadership, successfully partnering with a variety of stakeholders (from highly technical to non-technical business colleagues).
- Experience working in a fast-paced, iterative product development environment with demanding users and clients.
- Track record of delivering highly functional and valuable software products.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills with a talent for the precise articulation of customer problems and complex financial concepts.
Compensation and Benefits
Opto Investments has a high bar for talent, and we are committed to building the best teams possible. Candidates are never subjected to discrimination based on race, citizenship, religion, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, sensory, mental, or physical disability, or any other characteristic.
The successful candidate for this role can expect a generous compensation and benefits package. The cash salary range for this role is $115,000-$170,000 dependent on skills, experience and expected contribution.
All full time employees at Opto Investments enjoy:
- Significant equity
- Health, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Learning, Fitness & WFH stipends
- Paid Holidays, Including closing the week of December 25th through January 1st