Customer Success Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
This position requires a minimum of 3 days a week working onsite in OpenGov's San Francisco, CA office.
About the Customer Success Manager role:
Within the CS function, the Customer Success Management (CSM) team is the one responsible for maintaining and growing the business relations between us and our customers. This position will be responsible for understanding the customer’s goals, pain points, and workflows in order to successfully drive product adoption, retention, and program expansion. CSMs will use their ability to influence decision makers and their experience driving complex process changes to successfully position OpenGov solutions and best practices to ensure maximize value to the customer.
Customer Manager Responsibilities:
• KPIs: Retention and Upsells
• Use a consultative approach to drive platform adoption, engagement, and expansion across a territory of 50+ government customers across the West Coast
• Occasionally travel (30%) to meet customers in person, identify expansion opportunities, manage upsells on your own, and coordinate/tee up cross-sell with sales executives
• Build strong relationships with customers and make them OpenGov evangelists, ensuring high customer retention and satisfaction rates
• Become the go-to person and escalation point for issues and opportunities by key personnel at the customer
• Monitor customers’ health, usage, and ongoing/changing needs and execute playbooks to assist them in maximizing value from our solutions
• Maintain a deep understanding of the product and communicate features and functionality that will improve their workflow
• Develop and execute plans to expand relations with the customers at both elected and appointed official levels, in a multitude of ways: electronic, direct, face-to-face
• Understand the agencies’ “big picture”, proactively position value, and assist with execution, Support the Professional Services and Technical Support teams in deploying solutions, training customers, and driving more effective usage
• Compliment key product discussions by gathering and communicating customer feedback and feature requests
• 3-5 years of experience in Customer Success Management within a fast-growing company
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing product and respond strategically to customer needs
• Proven experience working at SaaS companies and solutions
• Strong interpersonal skills and track record of building collaborative relationships
• Familiarity with sales cycles in competitive markets
• Technical aptitude and proficiency with Salesforce as well as emerging CS solutions like CSM platforms (i.e. Gainsight, Gong, etc), in-app guidance, marketing automation, and more
• Experience with government budgeting concepts and practices and/or finance/budgeting solutions is a plus
• Exceptional presentation, organizational, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• High energy and a ‘can do’ attitude
• Independence and motivation to thrive in a dynamic work environment
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.