Account Executive - Pod Lead
Sales & Business Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
This position requires a minimum of 3 days per week working onsite in OpenGov's Boston, MA office.
The Account Executive - Pod Lead will lead OpenGov’s ERP and multi-suite opportunities sales efforts within their assigned territory, including territory planning, prospect identification, lead generation, sales calls, leading the sales cycle, proposals, and contract negotiation through deal closure. This individual will also work collaboratively with product-specific Account Executives to meet sales goals and deliver the highest standard of integrity, quality, and customer service to our customers. The Pod Leader will help drive viral growth strategies in their territory by being the primary territory partner across the organization interacting with team members such as SDRs and Marketing/Demand Generation.
• ERP and multi-suite opportunities driving the overall account strategy and marshaling the pre-sales team to grow our new and existing customer accounts
• Define territory plan for what is a key account and take personal ownership to drive focus and account plan
• Work collaboratively with product-specific Account Executives in their Pod to aid in their ramping and meet sales goals
• Help drive viral growth strategies in their territory by being the primary territory partner throughout the organization
• Establish, handle, and manage relationships between OpenGov and senior leaders of the customer and prospect government entity
• Generate new leads through networking and prospecting, including cold calling, as well as using marketing and PR activities of the company
• Make sales presentations to customers and prospects at different levels of the organization of leading governments within a prescribed territory
• Quickly develop thorough knowledge of company products and client verticals, including local and state governments, special districts, non-profits, higher education, and school districts
• Address product use cases, benefits, competitive advantages and business outcomes; facilitate executive and technical follow-up to close sale
• Target account selling (prospecting/lead generation, qualification and scoping, closing strategies, negotiations, etc.)
• Interface and develop professional relationships with existing customers and prospects throughout all organizational levels
• Establish referenceable customers to build the OpenGov brand in your territory
• In collaboration with OpenGov's marketing team, develop and execute demand-generation campaigns
• Lead contract negotiations
• Partner with Marketing on leads from trade shows and campaigns
• Help set event strategy for where OpenGov should be present
• Sales process management and participate in sales planning status meetings (MEDDIC methodology, QBRs, and more)
• Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of OpenGov’s suites and the competitive landscape
• Meet or exceed quota expectations
Requirements and Preferred Experience
• Bachelor's degree required
• 4 to 7 years of quota-carrying sales experience and have previously sold software solutions required (State and Local Government vertical is a bonus but not required)
• Strong work ethic and hunter mentality
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
• Curious and coachable when it comes to new challenges
• Ability and desire to coach and develop others
• Demonstrated a consistent track record of hitting and exceeding quotas
• Proven ability to close complex, consultative deals
• Ability to travel as needed (anywhere from 25% to 50%)
• Passionate about selling technology and what it can do for society
• Ability to learn to speak with senior executives about the direction of their organization, transformational projects, and budgets required to get there
• Self-motivated, creative, results-driven, solution-oriented, direct, and convincing when it’s right for the customer
• Competitive, driven to succeed
• Ability to remain focused and flexible during rapid change
• Crisp written communication and fluency of expression
• Experience with a CRM, ideally SalesForce
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.