Director, Customer Success (West Region)
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
About the Director, Customer Success:
Under the supervision of the VP of Customer Success, the Director of Customer Success - West will lead our West-coast team of Customer Success Managers. The Director of Customer Success - West will be responsible for driving customer satisfaction, retention, and growth by ensuring the successful onboarding, adoption, renewal, and ongoing support of our customers. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, a strong leader, passionate about driving customer success, and possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities for Director, Customer Success:
• Inspire, lead, and manage a team of Customer Success Managers, providing guidance, coaching, and support to ensure their success in achieving customer adoption, growth, and retention/renewal goals.
• Implement customer success strategies and processes that align with the company's overall goals and objectives.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with key customers, serving as their trusted advisor and escalation point for any issues or concerns.
• Drive customer onboarding and adoption initiatives, working closely with cross-functional teams to ensure a smooth and successful customer implementation experience.
• Analyze customer data and feedback to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for improvement.
•Use this information to develop and execute strategies to enhance customer satisfaction and drive business growth.
• Collaborate with the Sales and Marketing teams to develop and execute upsell, cross-sell, and renewal strategies, driving revenue growth and customer retention.
• Establish and track key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure the success of the customer success team and initiatives.
• Provide regular reporting and analysis to management.
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• 3-5 years of proven experience in the management of customer success teams, preferably in a B2B enterprise SaaS environment.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
•Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport and trust with customers and internal stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute customer success strategies and initiatives that drive customer satisfaction, retention, and growth.
• Analytical mindset with the ability to leverage customer data and insights to make informed decisions and drive continuous improvement.
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple customer accounts and initiatives simultaneously.
• Proficient in using customer success software platforms (Gainsight or Catalyst), CRM systems, and other relevant tools.
• Results-oriented with a track record of meeting or exceeding customer success goals and objectives.
• Knowledge of the government software industry and familiarity with SaaS products and services is a plus.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at OpenGov
Something looks off?