Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2023
Thanks for your interest in Oklo! We are searching for an Instrumentation and Controls Engineer to join our engineering team. Position Description:The Instrumentation and Controls Engineer is responsible for developing, analyzing, and integrating measurement and control systems to support reactor operation and power generation. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Develop sensors, instrumentation, and actuators based on multiple constraints.
- Develop control strategies and algorithms for industrial equipment.
- Integrate instrumentation and control components into systems and processes.
- Support our engineering team in integrating and coupling engineering analyses.
- Provide technical feedback to quick-iterating design teams.
- Document work using modern tools and techniques, and write well-written, thoughtful technical reports.
- Passionate about clean energy
- Passionate about making advanced fission a reality
- Willing and able to learn quickly
- Eager to work on a dynamic team, receive constructive feedback, and grow with us
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, highly iterative startup environment
- Excited to think creatively, critically, and reflectively about the problems they are solving, while not leaning only on what has been done before
- Able to communicate technical content and results verbally
- Experience with measurement techniques, signal conditioning, data acquisition, and logic diagrams
- Experience identifying and specifying components based on requirements
- Experience with digital networks and communication protocols
- Experience integrating instrumentation and control components into industrial systems or processes
- Experience implementing feedback control and automation with industrial equipment and processes
- Experience with communicating with vendors and manufacturers
- Experience with analog and digital circuits
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Git version control
- Familiarity with thermal energy conversion systems and components
- Familiar with electricity transmission and power electronics