Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2023
Thanks for your interest in Oklo! We are searching for Operations Engineer to join our team. Position Description:The Operations Engineer is expected to apply operations and engineering knowledge and experience to complement the development of integrated design of plant systems, structures, and facility analysis for Oklo's reactors, with a focus on operations and maintenance attributes. The Operations Engineer is responsible for developing Oklo's designs as it relates to reactor operations, including Human Factors Engineering (HFE) aspects. The Operations Engineer is also responsible for coordinating with design engineers working on systems, components, or engineering analysis areas, such as safety analysis, thermal analysis, stress analysis, and/or process/control analysis. The Operations Engineer will be integrated as part of a high-performing team of design and regulatory engineers. Specific responsibilities may include:Responsibilities will differ depending on your background:
- Apply operations expertise to support design layout and integration and develop and implement associated facility staffing strategies.
- Develop and implement plant operating strategies with consideration of human factors engineering attributes in the development of plant design.
- Develop and lead design efforts to evaluate plant integrated control and transient event responses and provide recommendations/optimizations to the design team to ensure efficient plant operational strategies.
- Support the design of plant control and monitoring interfaces, including the design of the control interfaces, human-machine interface components, and plant monitoring requirements, in consideration of a highly automated plant design.
- Support design reviews and resolution of cross discipline technical challenges as a subject matter expert in nuclear operations and maintenance.
- Apply engineering principles, methods, and tools to the design of nuclear and industrial facility and its systems and operations.
- Interface with design disciplines to identify and develop design information and specify system design and performance criteria.
- Provide operations expertise towards the development of design packages for key topics, systems and plant features.
- Support licensing activities associated with development of operational programs and safety analysis for license applications.
- Passionate about clean energy, the environment, and making advanced fission a reality
- Willing and able to learn quickly and to think differently in a highly regulated industry
- Strong understanding of operational design philosophies and integrated plant operations during all modes of operation.
- Ability to manage and coordinate complex projects with a variety of stakeholders
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, highly iterative startup environment
- Eager to work on a dynamic team, receive constructive feedback, and grow with us
- Flexible and open to new ideas; ability to work with a highly collaborative team
- Ability to handle projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between objectives.
- Candidate has knowledge of the implementing requirements, and background on licensing basis associated with nuclear work control, maintenance, and operational programs.
- Candidate has experience and knowledge of nuclear regulations and associated plant work control processes.
- Candidate has experience developing and/or approving procedures for either nuclear plant operations or maintenance.
- BS degree in nuclear, mechanical, electrical, or other relevant engineering discipline from an accredited college or university, experience may qualify.
- 5+ years direct experience in commercial power plant operations (a plus if experience is in commercial nuclear plant operations, including Senior Reactor Operator qualification).
- Demonstrated coordination skills; ability to earn the trust of team members and management.
- Proven team player with excellent verbal, written communication/presentation, and interpersonal skills.