Sr. Customer Success Manager
Nylas is scaling our Customer Success team as our customer base (and company) continues to grow at a rapid rate. With this, we are looking to bring on our first Associate Customer Success Manager. This is an opportunity to join a company that is defining and leading the space, gain a wealth of knowledge in a customer facing Tech environment while learning from and working with experienced Customer Success Managers on a day to day basis.
The Customer Success Manager is responsible for ensuring the success of a portfolio of Nylas customers. In this role, you will bring Nylas’ best ideas, innovations, and capabilities to customers and match these to the customers' business goals, driving greater value and alignment between Nylas and the customer. You will be a trusted advisor to all our customers, orchestrating our success services and providing best practices around adoption and feature usage. The end result is increased customer satisfaction, retention and expansion of the Nylas footprint.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a portfolio of accounts, partnering with these customers in developing their strategic direction
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of typical business challenges faced by customers and common objectives to appropriately map Nylas features and associated business benefits to address their needs.
- Own ultimate responsibility for the customer’s success with our platform, subscription renewal and platform usage expansion.
- Drive renewal, cross-sell, and upsell opportunities alongside counterparts on the Sales team
- Promote maximum value from the customer’s investment in Nylas. Aim for full utilization of the complete API, identify new opportunities, and collaborate with our Implementation Engineering, Product, Support, and Sales teams to ensure growth attainment and increased footprint.
- Lead senior customer stakeholders towards identifying their vision by evangelizing the capabilities of Nylas
- Effectively network within accounts from the C-Level down in order to achieve successful execution of the customer’s Blueprint, where appropriate.
- Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business and technical goals and work with the team to build a risk mitigation plan.
- Serve as a customer advocate in driving industry best practices and the evolution of Nylas product and platform functionality
- Contribute thought leadership and best practice, both internally and externally, around business transformation.
- Report directly to the Manager of Customer Success
- Focus on development of your knowledge and skills as a CSM, seeking opportunities to learn and assist with internal projects across the team and adjacent departments
- Manage a portfolio of legacy Nylas customers, ensuring customer satisfaction and issue resolution
- Identify opportunities for growth and expansion, as well as risk, across legacy customers based on data
- Learn, understand, and utilize the various platforms in the Nylas CS Tech Stack (Salesforce, Vitally, ZenDesk, Retool, Notion, etc.)
- Work directly with the CSM team on projects involving customer lifecycle management, retention, and more, as well as with the Implementation Engineering (Onboarding) Team on projects involving the Customer Onboarding lifecycle.
- Work with leadership on tasks related to RevOps to continue refining our processes within Salesforce
What You’ll Bring
- 5-8 years relevant work experience, preferably in B2B SaaS
- Working knowledge of software development process and of software
- Executive-level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively navigate and mediate conflict and foster honest dialog
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Strong knowledge of business processes (Sales, Marketing, Service, Support), business applications and automation
- Experience with account portfolio planning and prioritization
- Demonstrated familiarity with CRMs, recruiting tools, SaaS software and the overall SaaS markets
- Proven effectiveness at building presentations and leading productive meetings and workshops
- A never ending curiosity to learn, and a passionate commitment to improving the experience of our customers
- 5+ years of experience in a customer success role
- 2+ years of experience at a tech company or startup
- An eager, curious and self-motivated mindset towards Tech and Customer Success
- Organized and able to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally, across Slack, Email, Phone
- Comfortable with reviewing and analyzing data
- Ability to build rapport and relationships internally across Nylas Teams, as well as externally with clients
- Desire to learn and grow into a full Customer Success Manager role
- Nylas Alumni Fund: after 3 years employment, Nylas will invest $20k into your seed round if you decide to start your own company
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- 401k with 3% employer contribution
- Education Stipend: $1,000 USD annual education & development benefit
- Cell Phone: $50 USD per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
The estimated OTE pay range for this role is 88000 USD - 110000 USD OTE + equity, perks, and benefits.
The total compensation for this role will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location
Something looks off?