Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate, Analytical Development (Contract)
Emeryville, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Pick a challenge that is bigger than your lifetime.
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at Nutcracker. We are an early-stage company looking at mRNA and its production in a completely different way. We are challenging the conventional and merging both innovative science with engineering to not just save lives, but to improve the manufacturing and delivery of critical health solutions. Yes, as our name implies, we are working to crack some of the toughest scientific and engineering nuts out there. If you are driven to discover, create, and inspire something that moves science and technology forward, and lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready to be a Nutcracker.
We are looking for a talented RA/SRA (contract) to join the Analytical Development team in support of process and product characterization. This individual is a motivated self-starter who thrives by generating high-quality data in the laboratory. The ideal candidate is also looking for a challenging work environment that provides opportunities for collaboration and growth. If you are driven to discover, create, and inspire something that moves science and technology forward, and lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready to be a Nutcracker.
This is a contract position lasted an expected 6 months.
- Perform experiments and generate data to support development of new and existing analytical methods to characterize and quantify DNA, RNA and formulated products.
- Perform fit-for-purpose studies and sample testing to support ongoing process development and IND data package preparation activities.
- Assist in the design, execution and interpretation of analytical development, method qualification and process characterization studies.
- Collaborate with other analytical development, quality control, research, engineering and operations colleagues for method development and sample characterization.
- Generate high quality analytical data with complete and accurate documentation.
- Document information in electronic lab notebooks and reports, assist in authoring and reviewing SOPs and test procedures.
- Build shared knowledge of the field through educational opportunities and by reading relevant scientific literature.
- Candidates should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field, e.g. Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Bioengineering, with at least one year experience in an industry environment.
- cGMP experience a plus.
- Hands-on expertise with immunoassays (ELISA), impurity assays, potency and/or molecular biology preferred; experience in other technical areas also considered (e.g. absorbance, fluorescence, enzymatic, physicochemical, HPLC assays).
- Strong attention to detail and rigorous technical interpretation of data - able to summarize experimental designs/results and provide input on next steps.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, and desire to work within a highly collaborative team.
The expected range for Research Associate is $32 to $38.50 per hour, based on candidate experience, education, location, and other job-related factors. Contract employees may be eligible for certain benefits through a 3rd party staffing/payroll company.
The expected range for Senior Research Associate is $39 to $47.50 per hour, based on candidate experience, education, location, and other job-related factors. Contract employees may be eligible for certain benefits through a 3rd party staffing/payroll company.
Nutcracker Therapeutics is an early stage life science company building a workplace where highly collaborative and diverse teams thrive. If your best work is performed in a fast-paced entrepreneurial work environment where meaningful work is mastered each day, we’d love to hear from you.
Nutcracker Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity, as such, we do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (as defined under California law), veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law.
Nutcracker Therapeutics, Inc. (hereafter, Nutcracker) does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies in response to the Nutcracker Careers page or a Nutcracker social media post. Recruiters, agencies and other persons need to have written agreement with Nutcracker, and written approval from a Nutcracker Human Resources representative, to submit resumes for a specific position in order to receive credit. Nutcracker will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to unsolicited resumes and without a written agreement. Nutcracker explicitly reserves the right to hire said candidate(s) without any financial or other obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Nutcracker.