Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) - Primary Care in the Home
New Orleans, LA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
$10,000 Sign-on Bonus!!
About Nest Health
Nest Health is an innovative, value-based pediatric and adult primary care provider that brings care to families, as a unit, at home. The Nest interdisciplinary clinical team provides medical, behavioral and social care, with convenient 24/7access. We make care easy by combining appointments, and eliminating access barriers such as transportation, child care, and the need for missed work or school days.
We are guided by the following core values:
Collaboration – We collaborate with each other, with families and with the communities we serve
Humility – We recognize that our teammates and our member families often have the answers
Authenticity – We bring our diverse experiences and real selves to our work
Resourcefulness – We are builders and problem solvers
Joy – We bring joy to our work and our member families
Nest was co-founded by Dr. Rebekah Gee, the former Secretary of Health for the State of Louisiana and the former CMO for Medicaid and the Title V program; and Rebecca Kavoussi, former Western US President at Landmark Health and former head of global clinical operations at Babylon Health. Nest has funding and support from the venture capital firm, 8VC. Employees will be afforded an opportunity develop and drive their careers with this fast paced and innovative company while receiving competitive compensation, paid holidays, vacation, excellent medical health, vision and dental coverage; short term and long term disability coverage; and the ability to contribute to a 401K.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) is the primary care provider, providing whole-family primary, acute, chronic and pediatric care to adult and pediatric family members in the home setting. The NP or PA is both a health practitioner and an educator, delivering care in a culturally congruent, non-judgmental manner and collaborating closely a clinical team comprised of physicians, behavioral health counselors, registered dieticians, and the partnership of a medical assistant upskilled to help support social services navigation when conducting care in the homes.
What You’ll Do
· Manage a panel of families as the primary care provider to improve whole-family health through longitudinal primary and preventive care, care management, and care coordination in the home setting and virtual care modalities as appropriate (video, phone, SMS)
· Practice with the support of a robust interdisciplinary team, including MDs, LCSWs, RNs, psychiatrists, dieticians and medical assistants
· Utilize Nest Health’s electronic health record and care management tools to collect data, document member interactions in the field, organize information, track tasks, and communicate with your team, members, and community resources
· Attend daily team huddles and weekly case conferences to advise on physical health needs and establish health goals as part of member’s NAP (Nest Action Plan)
· Propose treatments for chronic and infectious diseases, prescribe and reconcile appropriate medications, and educate patients about their conditions and medications
· Order, administer, obtain and record diagnostic tests
Experience & Qualifications:
· Completion of Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner accredited program and an active, unrestricted license to practice in Louisiana is required
· Experience (at least 2 years) providing clinical services to pediatric (including newborns) and adult patients with both chronic medical and behavioral health conditions, and interest in serving underserved, vulnerable populations
· Demonstrated proficiency, prior experience, and/or willingness to train in clinical nursing skills such as blood drawing (venipuncture & phlebotomy), patient assessments and care plan reinforcement for common adult and pediatric chronic conditions such as diabetes, respiratory concerns, hypertension, CHF, depression, etc.
· Proven skills, knowledge base, and judgment necessary for independent clinical decision-making and problem-solving
· Available to work a full-time, five-day work week and participate in rotating call schedule that includes occasional evening and weekend days each month
· Maintains current CPR certification (BLS)
· Experience working as the leader of an interdisciplinary care team preferred
· Experience in a startup environment is a plus, but not required
Nest understands that job requirements sometimes exclude people who identify with historically marginalized groups from applying to jobs for which they are qualified. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements listed, or if you achieved these requirements through unconventional channels, we encourage you to apply.
Travel & Physical Requirements
· This is a New Orleans-based role
· Must have a driver’s license, a car (mileage is reimbursed), auto insurance, and the ability to drive to the homes of Nest families and carry portable healthcare supplies
· Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times
Covid 19 Vaccination - Please Read:
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work to be fully vaccinated and up-to-date against COVID-19 by their start date. Any individuals subject to this requirement may request an exemption based on a sincerely held religious belief or medical need. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by Nest Health, and exemptions will be granted only if Nest Health can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption.
Nest Health celebrates the diversity of our patient population and seeks diversity on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
See more open positions at Nest Health
Something looks off?