Sr. Manager Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE)
A career at Resilience is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to change the future.
Resilience is a technology-focused biomanufacturing company that’s changing the way medicine is made. We’re building a sustainable network of high-tech, end-to-end manufacturing solutions to better withstand disruptive events, serve scientific discovery, and reach those in need.
For more information, please visit www.resilience.com
Position Summary & Responsibilities
The Sr. Manager of Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) is responsible for providing HSE technical and regulatory support to the Alachua, Florida operational campus which includes the Advanced Development and Manufacturing (ADM) facility, the ADM Expansion Building and the Process Development Laboratory Building. Responsible for the implementation of all necessary measures and initiatives required by federal, state, and local regulations on safety and environmental protection. Provides direction and is responsible for developing, maintaining, and improving programs to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and company standards. This position supports biologics and vaccine manufacturing processes, process development laboratory and pilot scale operations, Quality Control laboratories, the central utilities plant and administrative offices. The Sr. Manager of Health, Safety and Environment supervise and provides direction to the Site Security team.
The Sr. Manager of HSE sits on the site leadership team (SLT) and interfaces with site and above site (Resilience) senior management. Responsible for strategic implementation of integration activities as well addressing day to day “shop floor” tactical issues and mentoring/coaching direct reports.
- Ensure compliance with all current EHS federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Partner and negotiate with federal, state and local officials as necessary to ensure compliance while balancing business and operational needs.
- Provide consultation and information regarding worker safety, fire safety, industrial hygiene and environmental protection. Partner with business colleagues to address and correct concerns as they arise.
- Promote a learning culture within the business to reduce the EHS risks and ensure a safe and compliant work environment.
- Ensure appropriate risk assessments are conducted and corrective actions implemented to minimize or eliminate injuries and environmental impact.
- Identifies EHS risks for projects and creates mitigation plans.
- Maintain OSHA and other recordkeeping requirements.
- Ensure EHS recordkeeping and data integrity to provide the business with accurate reporting and metrics to support EHS initiatives.
- Investigates and evaluates root causes for occupational injuries/illnesses, incidents and near misses and maintains relevant data for driving strategic program decisions.
- Make OSHA recordability determinations and coordinate workman’s compensation for occupational injuries/illnesses. Partner with external claims administrator and Human Resources to file incident reports, following up on restrictions and determining light duty/accommodations as necessary.
- Participates in the due diligence process for new business acquisitions and helps with the design of new facilities or major renovations of existing facilities to ensure proper EHS considerations are in place.
- Provides support for emergency preparedness, response and business continuity as needed.
- Conducts self-assessments and inspections to maintain inspection readiness.
- Chairs site employee safety and environmental committees to ensure aligned approach throughout the organization. Sits on the above site (Resilience) HSE Council.
- Develops and implements all required EHS training to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Supervise the EHS and Site Security Team.
- Applies appropriate best practices to identify and facilitate improvements to business processes, facilities and equipment including capital projects and management of change.
- Extensive experience as a professional EHS supporting vaccine/biologics manufacturing and pilot-scale laboratory operations at a site level
- Extensive experience managing direct reports, attracting talent, and building a strong team
- Ability to manage large and/or multiple projects and be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Can interact and communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders including federal, state, and local regulators, community officials, shop floor employees, and senior leaders of the Organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required, concentration in Safety/Environmental/Engineering
- Master’s degree in Safety/Environmental/Engineering
- CSP, CIH, and/or CHMM certification
This role is primarily a Sedentary role. This can include exerting up to 10 pounds of force to move objects
Visual acuity (such as: working with data & figures, viewing computer terminal, extensive reading, operating machinery, operating motor vehicles, general observations of facilities, etc.)
Participation in an occupational health program (which can include medical assessment, surveillance, vaccination, and testing)
Use of personal protective equipment (which can include respirators, Personal Air Purifying Respirators [PAPR], gowns, gloves, face protection, other barrier equipment, etc.)
The items described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Resilience is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or characteristic, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Requests for reasonable accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.Resilience offers employees a robust total rewards program including equity, an annual cash bonus program, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and our benefits package which is thoughtfully designed to support our employees with great healthcare (including medical, dental and vision), family building benefits, life and disability insurance, flexible time off, paid holidays, other paid leaves of absence, tuition reimbursement and support for caregiving needs. Our target base pay hiring range for this position is $115,000.00 - $171,250.00 per year. Actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including but not limited to, the candidate’s geographical location, relevant experience, qualifications, skills and knowledge. Excited about Resilience and the biomanufacturing revolution? We encourage you to apply and start a conversation with one of our recruiters.