Pack Line 2 (Device Assembly) - Manufacturing Technician III, Mechanic (Days)
A career at Resilience is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to change the future.
Resilience is a technology-focused biomanufacturing company that’s changing the way medicine is made. We’re building a sustainable network of high-tech, end-to-end manufacturing solutions to better withstand disruptive events, serve scientific discovery, and reach those in need.
For more information, please visit www.resilience.com
The Mechanic Technician is a direct labor position reporting to a Manager/Supervisor on the Manufacturing floor, which supports Packaging operations. The position entails the execution of setup, changeover, repairs, and preventative maintenance for all equipment used in the production processes in various Classified/Non-Classified areas, and performs the role of a Packaging Technician as needed. It requires the ability to perform mechanical and electronic troubleshooting in order to ensure optimal equipment performance. The Mechanic Technician will also provide basic mechanical training to Packaging Technicians and serve as a resource for the implementation of continuous improvement projects.
- Operate, monitor, troubleshoot, and perform maintenance tasks on various packaging equipment including picker, sorter, labeller, packer, checkweigher, printer, inspection equipment, palletizer, stretch-wrapper and conveyors. Work collaboratively with technical resources to resolve equipment issues as needed.
- Act as a first-line technical resource for the team. Provide technical support to production technicians. Resolve equipment-related issues, including equipment start-up, machine recipe selection, recipe format set-up, critical sensor challenge, and production issues.
- Proactively monitor equipment and component level conditions, and perform preventative maintenance tasks. Identify and investigate abnormal conditions and potential defects to prevent unplanned equipment downtime.
- Perform technician tasks as required including start-up, equipment operation, manual packaging, batch execution, material handling, rework, cleaning, housekeeping and line clearance activities.
- Operate light material handling equipment (motorized and manual pallet jacks, non-motorized lifts) as the need arises to safely move, store or deliver material to the proper location.
- Monitor material quality of incoming, in-process and finished materials. Promptly escalate concerns to Lead Technician and Process Facilitator as needed.
- Perform batch records, GMP documentation, and CMMS entries. Perform mathematical computation as needed.
- Be familiar with job-related safety procedures and hazards including PPEs, ergonomics, LOTO, human safety, material handling, chemical handling, and spill controls. Report all discrepancies to process facilitator.
- Perform work requirements in a responsible manner, in accordance with SOPs, cGMPs, and established safety and quality procedures.
- Support lean activities and process improvement work such as performing 5S in the work area, participating in problem-solving, and manual tracking of performance data for OEE and process improvement analysis. Lead Level 0 problem-solving on equipment related issues as needed.
- Act as a certified OJT trainer on the team on assigned equipment or process tasks. Train and conduct evaluations on other team members for training qualifications.
- Review process documents such as operational SOPs, PM procedures, forms and batch records for accuracy. Identify and provide suggestions for process improvement while maintaining quality and cGMP compliance as opportunities arise.
- Execute protocols as required as a part of equipment qualification and process validation work
- Be flexible and support other work areas within the department as needed
- Perform all other assigned duties with minimal supervision under the direction of the Manager/Supervisor or designee as needed.
- Experience in a regulated production environment, specifically responsible for equipment maintenance and performance
- Must have the ability to effectively understand, read, write, communicate and follow instructions in the English language.
- Ability to lift and handle equipment change parts, tooling, and materials associated with equipment maintenance and repair
- Acquire and maintain all required certifications and qualifications for the assigned work area
- Strong mechanical and electronic knowledge and aptitude
- Capable and motivated to learn new skills and develop new capabilities on an on-going basis to contribute to the success of the department
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interpret technical documents
- Candidate should possess the ability to work in and adapt to a changing/demanding environment
- Some overtime may be required with minimal advance notice to support business needs.
- High school graduate, vocational school graduate or equivalent
- At least three years of experience in a regulated production environment, specifically responsible for equipment maintenance and performance
- Associates in Engineering or mechanical trade school graduate preferred
- Previous experience with automated equipment
- Training in mechanics, hydraulics, and electronics systems
- Knowledge of computerized maintenance management system such as SAP
- Experience with OEE, TPM, LEAN or other Continuous Improvement methodology
Resilience is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or characteristic, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Requests for reasonable accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.Resilience offers employees a robust total rewards program including equity, an annual cash bonus program, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and our benefits package which is thoughtfully designed to support our employees with great healthcare (including medical, dental and vision), family building benefits, life and disability insurance, flexible time off, paid holidays, other paid leaves of absence, tuition reimbursement and support for caregiving needs. Our target base pay hiring range for this position is $24.00 - $36.50 per hour. Actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including but not limited to, the candidate’s geographical location, relevant experience, qualifications, skills and knowledge. Excited about Resilience and the biomanufacturing revolution? We encourage you to apply and start a conversation with one of our recruiters.