Director, Supply Chain
A career at Resilience is more than just a job – it’s an opportunity to change the future.
Resilience is a technology-focused biomanufacturing company that’s changing the way medicine is made. We’re building a sustainable network of high-tech, end-to-end manufacturing solutions to better withstand disruptive events, serve scientific discovery, and reach those in need.
For more information, please visit www.resilience.com
Position Summary & Role (general description of the role; e.g. expectations, key milestones, impact)
The Director of Supply Chain is accountable for building, maintaining and continuously improving a highly effective supply chain function, driving activity to achieve the desired departmental, site and company outcomes. The Director of Supply Chain directs all facets of supply chain and logistics supporting uninterrupted Viral Vector Manufacturing at Resilience’s manufacturing facility in Durham, NC. The Director of Supply Chain provides direct leadership for purchasing, planning, product logistics and materials management. The Director of Supply Chain will be a member of the Site Leadership Team (SLT) report directly to Vice President General Manager, Durham, NC.
Job Responsibilities (core responsibilities; include people management if applicable)
- Establish Site Supply Chain functions, programs, practices and processes.
- Build, develop and retain Site Supply Chain team.
- Partner with Global Supply Chain to develop robust and cost-effective supply chain strategies.
- Oversee the execution of all clinical and commercial planning activities including production planning, inventory management, material requirements planning, capacity planning, and master scheduling for all clinical and commercial programs.
- Manage and continuously improve the site S&OP process while ensuring alignment with network S&OP strategy.
- Establish and maintain site procurement for both direct and indirect purchasing.
- Provide direction for supply-related due diligence and supply agreement negotiations.
- Manage the implementation of Maintain and implement Supply Chain Systems at site and maintain master data.
- Manage the Warehouse and Logistics functions including management and receipt of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Ensure continuous audit readiness of all Supply Chain related functions.
- Establish program specific scheduling, manufacturing slot allocation and notification processes.
- Monitor execution of agreed plans, measure and report KPIs.
- Escalate supply issues and risks and implement corrective actions and mitigation strategies to maintain supply continuity.
- Extensive years of experience in supply chain operations, required.
- Extensive years of experience in managing/leading supply chain teams, required.
- Substantial years of experience in Biologics, Pharmaceutical, or other GxP environment required.
- Demonstrated experience with using and implementing ERP systems.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain/Procurement or related field.
- CPIM/CSCP certification strongly preferred.
- LEAN Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills while possessing a continuous process improvement attitude.
- Works collaboratively across site functions and the network integrating site into the larger organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced company environment with minimal direction and ability to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Possesses proven management skills with experience building and sustaining supply chain teams.
- Strong organizational and facilitation skills.
- Focuses on immediate and urgent business needs while driving long term strategic plans.
- Provides strategy, vision and direction regarding issues that may have company-wide impact.
- Able to perform and then transition tactical supply chain responsibilities while building Site Supply Chain team.
Resilience is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or characteristic, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Requests for reasonable accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.Resilience offers employees a robust total rewards program including equity, an annual cash bonus program, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and our benefits package which is thoughtfully designed to support our employees with great healthcare (including medical, dental and vision), family building benefits, life and disability insurance, flexible time off, paid holidays, other paid leaves of absence, tuition reimbursement and support for caregiving needs. Our target base pay hiring range for this position is $160,000.00 - $227,500.00 per year. Actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including but not limited to, the candidate’s geographical location, relevant experience, qualifications, skills and knowledge. Excited about Resilience and the biomanufacturing revolution? We encourage you to apply and start a conversation with one of our recruiters.