Manufacturing QC Lead (Night Shift)
We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.We’re seeking passionate learners to join us in pioneering a materials revolution and creating an epic place to work. MycoWorks offers competitive equity and benefits programs to support the health, well-being, and financial empowerment of all our employees.We root our relationships with our partners and one another in our core values: Be Mycelial, Cultivate Quality, and Grow the Future, and we're committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Quality Lead. This position will be responsible for leading a team of Quality Technicians performing raw materials testing, end product testing, and environmental monitoring. They will be responsible for ensuring all assigned tests are executed per the defined instructions and schedule. The lead will preferably have work experience leading a small group of technicians in microbiology, textiles or leather testing lab. This role supports both Manufacturing and Development teams to sample and test materials, document processes and procedures, support test protocol execution and track results.
This role will work 12 hours per shift in a 2-2-3 schedule where you work alternate working weekends. This role will require the candidate to perform a series of ongoing quality control checks during production with a key focus on accuracy, consistency, and integrity. The goal will be to ensure the compliance of the key quality parameters for the manufacturing of biomaterials- Fine Mycelium.
This is an on-site role at our manufacturing plant in Union, South Carolina.
- Assist in performing hands-on testing of raw materials and finished products on a daily basis
- Support cross-functional partners in data collection and analysis
- Design and perform specialized testing methods based on project specifications
- Support implementation and validation of new testing procedures
- Support management of lab equipment for calibration, cleaning and maintenance
- Managing the manufacturing quality control team including QC Manufacturing lead and technicians
- Provide coaching and mentor team members for personal and professional development
- Ensure manufactured products adhere to customer quality standards
- Brainstorm ideas to create solutions for identified problems
- Review data results and findings after inspections are carried out
- Must lead by example on adhering to all best practices and safety protocol
- Continuously identify areas for quality improvement and engage the team to implement effective solutions
- Support cleaning validation
- Write SOPs for testing procedures and quality processes
- 5-7 years of previous Lab Analyst, Technician, Lab Associate experience, preferably in materials, textiles, leather or consumer products
- Prior experience in managing or supervising a small group of functional members
- Prior experience in conducting direct report performance reviews and feedback
- Good experience in leading a functional team (the ability to set goals, delegate work, and follow up results)
- Experience in coaching a functional team
- Familiarity with standardized testing procedures is preferred
- Work experience in a Lean Labs environment is a plus
- Excellent capability with MS Office / GSuite tools, and data reporting
- Familiarity with lab systems, instrument management and calibration scheduling is preferred
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are a must in this position
We are a 24/7 manufacturing operation. This role may require overtime in order to meet the needs of the business.
MycoWorks offers world class benefits and compensation programs to support the health, well-being and financial empowerment of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Vision and Dental plans at no cost to employees
- Optional insurance coverage for partners and dependents
- FSA Accounts
- Free Personal Health Advocate
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid parental leave
- Paid holidays beyond the traditional
- 401(k) program
MycoWorks may contact you via text message regarding your application for this or similar opportunities. You can always text STOP to opt out